“Faultless!”
Review of Galloping Horse

Galloping Horse
Ranked #9 of 78 Restaurants in Workington
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for tea last night and had no complaints whatsoever. Food was delicious and staff were really friendly. Service was good too.

Would recommend on my experience.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (279)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have been here a few time and the food is always great as it was this time. However I've knocked the score down because of the service. Both during our starters and our main course one meal was brought out 5 -10 minutes later than everyone else this just makes everyone eating and the person waiting feel crap and is basic waitressing dont do. It was a thursday night so I'm guessing no senior members of staff as 4 of the waitresses hung around looking at phones near the till giggling at phones for most of the time we were there and got a bit arsy when I asked where my food was. Again lovely venue great food just get the staff up to speed

Date of visit: September 2019
Sightsee825342, Manager at Galloping Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good Morning. We are very sorry to read this review and we apologise strongly. We are however discussing this and we are aware of the persons in question. This is definitely not how we treat and serve our customers and I assure this will be dealt with internally. I do hope you give us another try and I can ensure you will see improvement.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited the galloping horse yesterday for their evening menu, I suffer with allergies and messaged beforehand to inform the restaurant and to check they could cater for me. Quick response from them which was reassuring! On arrival when I asked for the allergens guide I was told it was in the menu. It wasn’t so I asked our server again who went to ask who I can only assume was the manager (or owner) as she didn’t have a uniform on. This lady was stood less than 2 metres from me but loudly told the young waitress to come back and ask what my allergies were, as I was telling the waitress this lady then shouted over the tables to me trying to guess what I was allergic to? When I told her that I wasn’t just allergic to what she had said she told the young girl rather rudely to just write down what I couldn’t have and go and ask the chef. She made a few other comments in earshot afterwords as well. Glad to see it wasn’t just me who had annoyed her as she was ranting and raving about other customers too. Made me feel very uncomfortable. I understand it was busy but I would of thought she could nip over to my table and ask me herself instead of informing half the restaurant.

On another note Food was delicious, and our waitress was really lovely and helpful, credit to your establishment. Overshadowed by one woman’s lack of customer service.

Date of visit: September 2019

Good Morning, I do apologise on the delay of replying. We are devastated to have read this review involving one of our senior members of staff, we have investigated and we are aware of the person in question. I can assure you it is being dealt with internally, however if you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me personally at Colette@ospreyinns.co.uk. I do hope you give us another try and I assure you will see improvement and wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Dined at The Galloping Horse for my daughter's birthday and can honestly say it's one of the nicest bar meals I've had in a long time. Out of the 5 of us 2 had the Cumberland sausage with chips, egg, peas and onion rings, 2 had the burgers and one had the curry special which was Tikka. The portion sizes were huge to the point none of us could finish the entire meal. All the produce is locally sourced which allows the chef to ensure everything is fresh and in season. Service was excellent with the waiting on staff tentative to our every need without any fuss whatsoever. I rarely give anywhere 5 stars but I can honestly say in my opinion The Galloping Horse is easily worthy of them

Date of visit: September 2019
Sightsee825342, Manager at Galloping Horse, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good afternoon, wow, what a fantastic review. I will pass it onto our outstanding team and im sure they will appreciate the positive feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Regards

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Busy place, nice surroundings but disappointing food. Overcooked and very tough roast beef which we took most of home with us in a napkin for the dogs. Lasagne not the best. Vegetables, gravy and Yorkies were nice to be fair though.

Date of visit: September 2019

Good Morning, we are very sorry to hear your negative review and we will take a look at our preparation, although its no excuse, it can sometimes be the joint itself which we will speak to our supplier about. We do like to have the opportunity to rectify a complaint at the time of visit to enable us to put things right, never do we wish our customers to walk away unhappy and now we can only apologise and hope you do return to give us another try.