All reviews conservatory restaurant separate building busy road motel style main building plenty of parking lake district bar area pleasant stay western lakes hotel is situated lovely hotel lovely meal room was spacious sunday lunch stayed for nights only criticism
Selected filters
Reviewed December 17, 2018 via mobile

Not a normal review but had my mums funeral tea here it was just what we needed good food but also we were in the dining and had it to ourselves..last year was mams 90th birthday we had her party there and once again it was great.staff helpful food good .we go here fir bar meals and we are never disappointed. Highly recommended for any occasion always professional..

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Caroline H, General Manager at The Melbreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2018

Dear Julie

Thank you for your kind words following your mum's funeral tea; we are pleased we helped make a sad event more bearable and shall pass on your comments to all concerned.

Hopefully we shall see you in the near future when life resembles something more normal - whatever that might be?

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Caroline

Reviewed December 11, 2018

On entering the hotel we weren't sure if they were doing bar meals as there is a lot of work being carried out on one side however we were taken in to the conservatory. Staff were friendly and efficient and service and food were good, although perhaps not as much choice on the menu as some places.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Caroline H, General Manager at The Melbreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2018

Dear Sally

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel and thankful that the refurbishment works did not detract from your experience.

I appreciate our menu is not as extensive as others in the area though by keeping the menu simple and precise we can ensure everything is fresh and the quality superb.

We do revise our menu seasonally so hopefully you might return in the New Year?

Reviewed December 11, 2018

Had a long weekend at The Melbreak and stayed in one of their Superior Super King rooms and have to say that it was spacious and very comfortable. The only drawback is that you have to go into a courtyard and up one floor to access the rooms rather than walk internally. Accommodation is perfect with a large king size bed and flat screen television with a very functional en Suite.
Ample parking at the hotel and the Conservatory and bar are very comfortably furnished. The bar area has just been upgraded with a feature fire place.
I booked direct with breakfast included and I am pleased to say that it was cooked to order.
I will stay again and recommend the hotel

Date of stay: November 2018
Caroline H, General Manager at The Melbreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us; it is always good to hear that guests would like to return and would also recommend the hotel to others.

Thank you.

Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

We had an amazing experience we don’t get to go away often down to my disability , the hotel is a lovely atmosphere , the deco is beautiful, the staff were very attentive and polite and we loved our room and our view was beautiful so looking forward to visiting again , I’ve told my partner in future I don’t want to try any where new so fingers crossed I get to go again ☺️

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madonna300
Caroline H, General Manager at The Melbreak Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Hi Madonna

So glad you enjoyed your time with us - look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed November 30, 2018

We called in for a quick bar meal yesterday to relax after a busy week, the food was excellent (5 stars) but we were disappointing to be made to sit in the area presently being re-furbished because as the waitress explained to us they didn't want to have the new carpets in the refurbished area next to the new bar soiled! For a minute I thought I was back in my childhood being told I couldn't eat in grandma's new dining room because we were messy eaters but then I realised I'm all grown up, know how to use cutlery without spilling and in a public eating establishment! Anyway lets just say we'll forgo eating their great food and be eating elsewhere now. This is a shame because the new bar when its finished (the renovation has been going on for months and it is still only half complete) will be great but being made to feel like a child because they don't want to spoil the decor is unacceptable for an establishment such as this.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent visit to the hotel and extremely sorry to learn of your experience.

I'm not exactly sure why the waitress moved you to the area currently being refurbished rather than the restaurant (which would have been the obvious place to seat you for your meal), nor why she mentioned soiling the carpet, as the same carpet is being laid throughout. This is certainly not a directive from management, so can only thank you for bringing this to our attention; sincere apologies for any embarrassment caused.

I hope the quality of food served, and a desire to see the completed renovations (which will now only be a couple of weeks) will be enough to tempt you back?