“warm & friendly welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Waverley Hotel

Waverley Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Workington
Kirkcudbright, United Kingdom
“warm & friendly welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

on arrival the hotel looked a bit tired & uninviting,but once inside we were pleasantly surprised.nice warm welcome at reception..room was clean,and well equipped even had iron and ironing board,tea tray and biscuits.The first night we ate in the bar area.3 courses for £10.25.it was delicious.The next night we ate in the restaurant.sirloin steaks cooked to perfection.what a chef!!!would defo recommend this hotel,do not let bad reviews put you off.well done to the staff is all i can say.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tricia m
Lynn P, Owner at Waverley Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you for your great comments. The whole team work hard to ensure your stay is enjoyable and appreciate your positive feedback.
We would be delighted to see you again if you are in the area. Employee of the month goes to the chef!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Northampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Modernisation programme in place no lift though

Breakfast self service nice range

Small place bed comfy but draft from windows no heating in room and chilly night

Noisy people in next room walls a bit thin!!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

It is by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The room is nothing like how they are shown on the website. You have broken side draws....mould on ceiling and walls...cramped non spacious room. A double bed seems to be two singles they have stuck together as theres a log like feeling in the middle. Other customers have no respect either....at 3am there was banging and shouting for a good half an hr. Overall will not be staying here again. A waste of money!

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Workington hotels

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Have to say the hotel and environs didn't look much as we drew up and we were a bit concerned initially.
Not to worry though as receptionist immediately made us feel very welcome and swiftly had us booked in in and dealt with our parking queries.
The room was clean, spacious and had good sized quality TV, coffee/tea making dubbings etc., etc.
Bathroom on a par with hotels in general, could have done with more shelf room but I'm niggling here. Loads of hot water instantly on tap.
Good long breakfast times, plenty of choice and excellent quality. No black pudding for me unfortunately but it will be there from now on I'm told.
All the staff were lovely, putting you at your ease and making you feel like an old friend they were glad to see again. Very helpful with any problems and local knowledge.
If I'm down that way again, they will be first on my list, only caveat is I don't think they had a lift and the stairs to bedrooms are steep so probably not the choice if you are infirm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lynn P, Owner at Waverley Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. All your great feedback has been passed on to our team who greatly appreciate your comments. We would love to have you stay with us again whenever you are in the area. Black pudding is now on the breakfast menu !
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

For the start of our C2C, this hotel suited the bill very well. It was good value with a safe place to store our bikes, and generally had a lovely atmosphere. The inside is refreshingly nicer than the outside so don't be put off by pics of the outside. The double room had a refurbished bathroom. the 2 x singles didn't and it felt a bit 'grubby' round the edges. The bedlinen was perfectly clean but 'tired'. I think they will be refurbishing all rooms over time. I slept very well. Breakfast was a large selection buffet - all good. The staff were lovely and warm and gave us a lovely welcome and send off.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
sheffield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Wonderful staff, welcoming, approachable and accommodating. Rooms ok bit small but big problem was the shower or the lack of water halfway through a shower! Not good. Not once but twice!
Food on the other hand at the Waverly was very good even for me, the vegetarian. So don't go searching, relax and put your feet up and eat drink and be merry at the Waverly but be warned about the showers!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
DARWEN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed here one night as part of a coastal walking holiday. As I walked towards the location I began to wonder: the area is not preposessing, but rather down-at-heel, making me feel that the hotel might be something similar. But as soon as I opened the door i relaxed. I found a modern hotel, clean, bright and attractive. The reception was friendly, efficient and helpful. The room was all it had to be, clean, well-decorated and inviting; I slept well. The young barman was very efficient, and keen to be of service. I chose the table d'hote menu, and for £10.25 I got an excellent soup; a main course of roast beef (lots of it), Yorkshire, three veg, roast and mashed potato, and a gravy boat (a gravy boat!), all very well-cooked and tasty; and apple crumble and custard, could have had cream. Fantastic value.
The breakfast was from 7.00, which is very handy for me; it was buffet-style, as much as I could want, with as much choice as I could need. Yum. And the lady in attendance was also friendly and helpful.
It's unlikely I'll ever stay in Workington again, but if I do I will certainly come here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Lynn P, Manager at Waverley Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectations. The team work hard to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Workington
Hall Park Hotel
Washington Central Hotel
#4 of 9 in Workington
Melbreak Country House Hotel
Premier Inn Whitehaven Hotel

Been to Waverley Hotel? Share your experiences!