“Lovely lunch” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Purple Cherry Coffee Shop

Purple Cherry Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Workington
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We serve a range of speciality coffees, alongside home-cooked food and cakes. Modern and welcoming, you are guaranteed a friendly welcome and a proper feed! Our coffee is freshly ground for every cup, and our food is handmade to order with cakes coming out of the kitchen freshly baked every day. We also provide outside catering for private and corporate functions. Tasty and great value, we hope to see you soon!
Workington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Amazing homemade burgers and real chips! Speedy service and good selection, will definitely be back for another visit.

• Visited February 2014

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Lovely little café”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I'd popped into Purple Cherry while up visiting family for a few days. I know this might sound silly, but I do like to see a menu from outside, rather than having to go inside and be seated to find out. I almost didn't go in because of this, but thought I'd take the plunge.

I decided to have the Cow Pie, which was homemade. The pie was ok, nothing special, although the homemade chips were to die for, very nice. Service was excellent with a very friendly girl with a bright smile and welcoming. Again, this may just be me - but I really hate table salt in a nice place. Salt and pepper grinders would have made this so much nicer and for only a little extra outlay. A lunch meal deal would have also have been tempting.

Overall, I was impressed. Slightly higher prices than you'd expect in a cafe but nothing too much to grumble about given the quality. Would go back again next time I'm up there. Disappointed they didn't do Haigh's Cumberland Sausage with egg and chips - that would've really topped it off :)

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
purplekc, Owner at Purple Cherry Coffee Shop, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking a chance on us! Your suggestion to have a menu in the window is very helpful and we will attend to this straight away! We are very pleased that you enjoyed the chips, we believe that homemade is always best too. In regards to a lunchtime meal deal, we do offer a selection of 'low cost lunches' which are priced at £5. As you so kindly point out the quality of our ingredients is excellent and we do provide very generous portion sizes, so we consider this to be great value for customers. In regards to the Cumberland sausage, we use Marshall's of Workington and offer sausage chips and egg on our value menu for a fiver! So we hope that we can tempt you to visit us again :-)

Many thanks for your lovely review,

Kaylee, the smiley girl and owner :-)
“Top breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

Really nice breakfast. Cooked perfect. Excellent service. Good choice of food, drinks and ice cream. Will be definitely going back.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
“yummy :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

What a lovely place! I'd been meaning to go for a while but then we finally took the plunge and went today and what a lovely experience it was. We each got a meal and drink and were made to feel very welcome and cared for. Admittedly, my burger was a little bit overcooked and my friend's toast was a bit burned, but not enough for cause to complaint. It really is a lovely little place, a nice hidden gem in amongst all the pubs of Workington. If you're in the area and want some nice, home-cooked (and very well portioned!!!) food, get yourself down here- and make sure you get chips, they come in a little bucket and you'll fall in love with them! We're already planning on going back.

• Visited January 2014
Workington, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I really enjoy my meals in purple cherry. The staff are really friendly as well,Thank god we have purple cherry

• Visited January 2014