“Great breakfasts”

Clay Flatts Cafe & Takeaway
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Great breakfasts”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Best place for a good breakfast in the area - good produce such as bacon, sausage and friendly staff. The prices are also very resonable and care is taken when cooking every meal.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank peter g

Workington, United Kingdom
“Good quality drop-in cafe”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Food very well cooked and served. Reasonably priced. Good choice of menu for the size of the café. This small café is clean and offers seating indoors as well as offering take-out food.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank LilyH199
Workington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greasy spoon at best”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Followed the signs to home cooked food, how misleading! First impressions weren't great as owners were outside smoking. Ordered pie chips and gravy and was very disappointed to find cheap French fries, bistow gravy and a pie with very little filling inside. Mis matched tables and chairs and odd household mugs. Not exactly home cooking.

• Visited December 2013
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“Still excellent”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I visited Clay Flatts Café & Takeaway last sunday and thought I would try one of there 2 Course Sunday Lunches (Advertised for £7 for 2 courses), I was nicely surprised to see that I had a choice of either a Soup or Dessert with my main meal, I opted for the Dessert, for the main I was offered a choice of either Roast Beef or Roast Pork, both of which were being served with Mashed, Boiled & Roast Potato, Fresh Vegetables, Home Made Yorkshire Pudding and Gravy, I chose the Pork, when my lunch arrived I was presented with a beautifully plated lunch which was very tasty and plentiful, remembering I still had a dessert to eat I didn't manage my complete lunch (nothing wrong with it, it was very enjoyable and tasty) I just wanted to make sure I had room for my Fruit Sponge and Custard. I would recommend anyone looking for a fantastic value Sunday Lunch to come here, ok its not the Ritz its a little Café on a Industrial Estate but I have found these places to be the little gems that are overlooked because of where they are, definitely will be back again next time I am in the Area and will be telling my friends and family to visit them.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank kestrelg9745
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wish you were still in Keswick!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the second time I have been hear. The food is superb and home made, big portions and great value for money. Oh and can't for get Steve and Helen both fantastic.

Will defiantly be back!!