“Training Venue”

Hunday Manor Country House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Workington
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Conducted a 5 day training course for one of our clients here, also stayed in the hotel all week. Nothing too much bother for them, food good (if a little expensive) rooms very well appointed. overall very good

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hunday Manor Country House Hotel

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We went hear for my sisters wedding it was kept tidy and everything was brilliant we at the end of the night encountered a big spider on the wall on the sofas and i was a bit scared but it was cold so they come in were ever but when we stayed the night the rooms are so nicely old fashioned I like it it was great and I would come again

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Myself & my Fiance stayed in Hunday Manor recently for a break as we are getting married soon and I have to say the service there was amazing. We were greeted by Barry at reception and for our entire stay he was great at telling us local knowledge, all about Hunday Manor, showed us around the hotel, where weddings and events take place as well as recommending places to visit during our stay! He is a great asset to Hunday Manor. The decor and food were amazing also. Definitely worth a visit!!

Room Tip: We were given a room in the front of the manor which was spacious and clean. It would have been nice...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband booked this as a surprise for our 7th Anniversary, and it was a lovely, beautiful way to wind down after a few stressful months (we're selling our flat!). The room was "cozy", but as it was in the older part of the hotel (the manor house part), the layout was a bit quirky. The bed was a standard double, and quite comfy, with lots of extra pillows. Bathroom was clean and well proportioned with an excellent power-shower.

We had dinner on the first night, which was really yummy. I had steak, and my husband had pork, both of which were done perfectly. The hotel also had some nice ales on tap (very important!) and a very good selection of whiskeys (not just the usual Laphroig). Staff were very nice, good banter from them all.

The continental breakfast included fruit, yoghurt, cereals and croissant - quite a nice range but not huge (however, there were about 9 tables, so perhaps a slower weekend). The only drawback was on the first morning, we couldn't find anywhere to sit. Once we did get seated, we were placed at a one-setting table, so I didn't have any cutlery, plate, or cup. We're not usually ones to complain, but we had to ask twice to get a setting for me.

Staff were pleasant, polite and mostly efficient (except for the first morning). The setting is beautiful, and the whole hotel was clean and nicely decorated. I would recommend this for a quiet, relaxed weekend, for people who like prefer period properties, and for people who love good food and drink.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed two nights and had a great time. The staff were excellent,breakfasts were outstanding and the one night we dined at the restaurant the food was very good. Lovely place, nice grounds and great views back to the coast. There seemed to be a number of traveling sales reps (or something) staying there, which is always a good sign of quality and value.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Reached there after more than 6hr drive from London and was told they have no booking for us. Had a confirmed booking from Expedia with me. I had also made a call after booking from Expedia to request double bed (as expedia booking had twin/double so I just wanted to double-confirm). I had shown them the call time as it was just a few days back and was still in my phone contacts. They had duly acknowledged the day I called that yes the message from Expedia had come through and they ll offer double when we arrive.

They obviously do not deserve 'terrible' rating but the reason I am doing is that there hasn't been a single call from them to date to explain faux pas at their end. At least they could have listened to call, I mentioned the date and time (18Aug2013 7:06pm) to look into this matter.

Should mention they did call a few hotels around in the area which I could have done myself. Ended up staying at one in workington at a higher price with no parking in the middle of the town centre and was portrayed by Hunday Manor manager as being more nicer than theirs.

Shame that they did not even have anyone responsible to call Expedia (or a responsible contact at these reservation agencies) to figure out what went wrong. I had to make that call to Expedia and from their end they had sent through all details to Hunday.

Acknowledge the fact that I do not know if its Hunday's or Expedia's fault but both seemed equally irresponsible.

6  Thank Subra R
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We have just returned from an enjoyable stay at hunday manor we where greeted at reception by a very pleasant young man with great hair given our room key and went up to a lovely warm clean room we went down to dinner and the food was superb and everything was well presented and hot .this is a very understated hotel and should be visited even just to sit in the well furnished surroundings and have a drink Barry and all the staff do everything to make you welcome it's well worth a visit

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Workington
Melbreak Country House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Embleton
Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa
#3 of 5 in Bassenthwaite

Been to Hunday Manor Country House Hotel? Share your experiences!