“Fantastic hosts.”

Castle View Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Workington
Castle View Guest House
Ranked #4 of 5 Workington B&B and Inns
Southampton Uk
“Fantastic hosts.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

From a welcoming pot of tea, to filling my cycle drinking bottles up when I left, without me asking, Steve and Kath were the perfect hosts. Nothing was too much trouble, and I did have some odd requests for them to deal with. Steve even told me I was welcome to bring a take away back to my room which is normally troublesome with most B&B's - good on you Steve!

The room was spacious and clean, the town centre is a short stroll away for restaurants or pubs, and the price is very reasonable, although I do feel they should be a bit more upfront about the fact that you share bathrooms here on their website. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Fandango11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Scotland
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Based on the positive reviews of other previous guests, I booked a single room for myself. I was working as a musician in the local theatre for one night, and given the low rate of pay for this work, was looking to spend as little as possible. The rate of £35 for a cozy room and fantastic, full English breakfast represented genuine value. It is an older house and my room was a bit like the one you may have stayed in when you visited your Gran as a child.

The owners, Kath and Steve, couldn't have been nicer and were totally flexible--something that is often just the opposite in guest houses--agreeing to give me a late-ish breakfast to allow me to sleep in after a late night of work.

When I returned late in the evening from my performance, Kath even volunteered to make me a sandwich, which since I hadn't said a peep, I found incredible. It was a wonderful cheese and tomato sandwich with salad and crisps. I tried to add £5.00 to my payment to cover this but she wouldn't hear of it.

The next time this show returns to Workington I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lownote-LA
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I recently stayed at Castle View guest house with my husband; I highly recommend it. The guest house is in a very good location to explore the Lake District from. In addition to this the house is extremely warm and welcoming; Kath and Steve are wonderful hosts. The rooms are beautiful and very spacious.
Breakfasts were great, perfectly filling and delicious!
I highly recommend this guesthouse.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Helen E
Workington, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2012

having recently visited Castle View with my family, I would highly recommend it to anyone. it is ideally placed to explore the lake district. Steve and Kath are wonderful, helpful, friendly, considerate hosts, nothing is too much trouble for them. My husband has a dietary need which was easily catered for. The rooms are very comfortable and equipped with every thing necessary.
the full English breakfast really was a FULL one and sustained us throughout the day. We will be returning asap

Room Tip: All the rooms are large and very comfortable