“Great place”
Review of Hall Park Hotel

Hall Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Workington
Reviewed January 5, 2014

What a lovely, friendly, clean, well presented hotel. Probably the best breakfast I've had in a hotel, freshly prepared fruit, plenty of cereal choice and your choice of freshly cooked produce. Very helpful staff who make you feel very welcome.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here last week whilst I was working in Workington for 4 days.
Sue and the staff where all very friendly and welcoming. My room was immaculate and nice and warm.

Nothing was any bother to anyone, I was a woman on my own and my meals were brought to my room, I came back after meals had stopped serving and was offered a meal even though they had stopped serving.

I'm back up next week and had already booked in to stay before I'd even left.

Thanks everyone for making me feel at home

See you next week :-)

Room Tip: I had room 12, which was on the ground floor and perfect
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Had an excellent stay at this lovely hotel.
My room (number 7) was large & spotlessly clean.

Staff were so friendly, nothing was too much trouble.

Breakfast was delicious and huge!
Was a short stroll to the town centre, but very quiet.

Would love to stay here again if I return to Workington :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

Staying here as we are working away from home. Staff are very friendly and there is a good selection of food on the menu. Would definitely stay here again and recommend the place. There is always someone in the bar and they serve a nice pint.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 13, 2013

owing to the nature of are visit, it was not the best reason to come home. But Sue, Paul and all the staff, made it a more bearable, Nothing was a problem, even last minute request were taken in their stride. FOOD: was first class, with a good choice and fresh. Both my self and wife, would like to say thank you yet again, and will be staying again. STEVE AND BECCA. (POOLE)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013

visted due to bereavement in family. not all my family could be put up by family so stayed at the hall park.excellent rooms.very caring and sympathetic.couldnt do enough for us.would stay there again.recommend to all my family down south to stay there when visting the lake district.sue and paul excellent hosts.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed at this Gem of a Hotel for 3 nights whilst attending family funeral. Born and bred in Workington so I am familiar how welcoming us Northerners can be.

Sue and Paul the owners went completely above that and were supportive, attentive and generous with their time on both business and personal levels. NOTHING at all was a problem for any of them including their staff who are also a credit to them. The rooms were fantastic and immaculate with ensuite, free wi-fi and everything we needed to make us very comfortable and to be honest very spoilt!!

Breakfast included numerous choices of Cereal, Toast and Condiments, or mixed Fresh Fruit or Kippers followed by Full English to your liking. Served promptly, even had most of our evening meals there too.

Sue even went and got me my box of XL Cheese Crisps (Which you cant get down South) to take home for me as didnt have time to do myself due to nature of my visit.

Made all my extended family and friends very welcome.

Thankyou soooo much Sue and Paul for a totally stress free stay and I can assure you we will be definetely returning to see you all.

Sandra, Andy, Kirsty and Craig Gammack x

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are excellent, whether twin, double or super. Very reasonable prices and excellent...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family