“Tasty food”

The Briery Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 69 Restaurants in Workington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our extensive menu has over 70 dishes of Italian and English cuisines, all our food is prepared & cooked to order from local fresh produce. We can cater for all your needs no party is to small or large .
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Been to the Briery numerous times food always tasty and excellent. Service good and quick. Reasonable prices, steak pie one of the best. Homemade chips. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Booked the Briery for 10 people for a birthday celebration,from the start service was excellent, with the Main waiter being very good, sharing a joke and just adding to the happy atmosphere of the evening. Food was ordered and arrived quickly considering the number of people at the table. Everybody thoroughly enjoyed their meals, food was plentiful and very tasty. The staff helped with a surprise cake for my daughter and again nothing was too much trouble. A great evening was had by all, we would recommend for all to try.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We have had many meals at the Briery, the food has always been beautifully prepared and delicious. The staff always friendly and courteous. The restaurant can get busy so to avoid disappointment book early. Went to a Christmas party and it was very busy but the staff coped very well and do the Briery good credit.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Excellent food. One foreign waiter with grey hair and glasses is extremely rude though. It's a good location for big family gatherings. Fairly cheap too.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Arrived for anniversary dinner. The barmaid was not exactly pleasant. Ordered meal waitress was very polite and informative. We waited an average length of time and then received our meals, my husbands was fine but my beef had a strange taste which I initially thought maybe the red wine sauce but after a few mouthfulls and some strange colours running through the meat and a strange smell indicating the meat wasn't right, I decided not to eat anymore and my husband informed the waitress discreetly of the problem. She went and informed the chef and return saying he felt there was nothing wrong with it, he did offer to cook another meal but my husband had finished and I had been put off. On paying the barmaid who was frosty to start with was more hostile as she had been Instructed not to charge for the dish and she insisted the chef had not served a bad dish and her tone and manner implied that we were being awkward and left us feeling very uncomfortable. We have visited before and been happy with both service and food but this is the first time we have encountered this member of staff and because of this it is highly unlikely that we will return. My anniversary dinner spoiled.

3  Thank rollarcoaster