“Superb”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I would say this restaurant is a must if you visit Workington, the meal was gorgeous and the staff were lovely and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, it`s a pity it wasn`t closer to home so I could order take away`s from there, It is one of the best Indian curry`s I have had in a long time, if I ever go back to Workington then that will be the place I go for my tea.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

we were staying at a local hotel overnight and fancied an Indian meal, we found this place after asking some locals, it is just a glass door with a sign, and some stairs, but they lead you to food heaven.

we were shown to our table by a very polite and helpful waiter, who took our drinks order and left us to look over the well set out and very descriptive menu, this was good, for a couple of my friends, as they were nearly curry virgins (supermarket kormas only )

we started with a massive pickle tray and huge stack of popadoms, then we ordered the Bengal mixed kebab starter, this was a massive platter of various meat kebabs and onion bhaji`s which were cooked to perfection, nice and crispy, not the horrible dough balls some like to serve.

The service was fantastic, very attentive but not overbearing, we all ordered different dishes, and my friends let me try them all, and every one tasted fantastic, not too much chilli heat, but lots of spices to give that heat the depth of flavour it needs, I had the beef madras with extra sauce, and it just melted in your mouth.

the portion sizes were such that we couldn't finish everything, and I wished I was at home as I would have asked to take the left over's with me !,the staff could not have been nicer to us, we were chatting to then throughout the meal, and after we had finished eating we were offered a free drink, or coffee,and another half of draught cobra never gets refused, and it made the night in Workington for us, the overall bill came to £110 for 6 very full people, a total bargain !

thank you Bengal spice, we will be back, but not soon enough

1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Really excellent service, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Had a Lamb Balti for main course and I have to say its one of the best Baltis I have ever had - plenty of pieces of lamb in a really tasty sauce. Thanks to all the staff for an excellent meal. Highly recommended.

1  Thank SteveSouth
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

When you first enter Bengal Spice don't be put off by the horrendous decor of Tiger wallpaper & tiger ornaments for as awful as the decor is, it's not a bad place to eat. The service is fine but nothing to write home about, the food can be hit and miss, sometimes is very nice but is on occasion rather greasy, even for a curry. However there can be no complaints about the price as depending on the day you can get 3 courses from as little as £12. Will be visiting again.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Pretty average really, the decor is horrible. The food was average, had a vindaloo and as someone who likes spices didnt find it particulary hot, wasnt overly impressed but wasnt very dissapointed, was ok but probablly forgettable, nothing stood out