“A chippy to remember - the heir apparent maybe”
Review of Chris's Fish Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chris's Fish Bar
Ranked #43 of 71 Restaurants in Whitehaven
Reviewed January 3, 2013

For many years, there has only been one main chippy in Whitehaven that everyone seems tp go to, me included, however following a recent not too great experience there, I decided to explore the other offerings available.

Chris's in in the Market Place, and I'm not sure why have never tried it before. Creature of habit I guess.

Visited for take-away on the Saturday before Christmas, and got parked fairly easily outside. There was a pretty good menu, and I noticed a sign saying that it had been voted Chippy of the Year by a local group.

I ordered my usual fish and chips, which was cheaper than other nearby shops. The fish was white, thick and juicy. The batter was very light, and crispy. Chips were well cooked, dry and crispy. A very generous portion. Thought it was great that they do various sizes of portion as well.

All in all I was well impressed, and think that the current main chippy in the town should be a but worried by this heir apparent.

1  Thank dma1966