“Lovely!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Whitehaven Golf Club

Whitehaven Golf Club
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Whitehaven
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Workington, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I've been here for a sunday carvery and also for a group meal at Christmas with friends. The sunday dinner was lovely and then dessert afterwards, would definitely recommend. A group of us came at Christmas and sat in the smaller restaurant area which was really nice, you could have had a few courses or just a main meal. I had a beef dinner which was really nice and all the other girls enjoyed their meals, we had lots of wine too! Service was really good, no complaints from us. We then went and sat in the bar afterwards while we waited for our taxi. It's nicely decorated inside and a good place to go for a meal and drinks.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Nyssa P

Whitehaven, United Kingdom
“sunday cavery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We as a family went for Sunday lunch the food was good, but the service was slow, we had to find someone to clear our table so as to order desserts which took a long time to come, and as a family we found it quite expensive for 2 courses

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I've ate here several times and never had a bad meal yet. The service is good and friendly and the homemade chips are delicious. I can't wait until summer to be able to sit outside and have a drink, looking out over the beautiful surroundings.

2 Thank Rachel W
“Great good, great service, massive portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I've booked my wedding here and decided to come up and try the food as if heard lots of positive recommendations. I've just read some of the reviews on here and I think you're talking rubbish, the chips are homemade and are beautiful as ever, maybe they weren't done to your perfection but STOP complaining you're not at the ritz and you're paying for massive portions and the prices are reasonable.
I had a beef onion and mushroom baguette with gravy and salad with a bowl of chips. The baguette was huge, the chips were perfect and the beef was proper carved beef unlike some places you get that horrible wafer thin processed meat!
If you're reading this I recommend the golf club food because you will get your money's worth!
Can't wait to go back!

2 Thank Andrea_mess69
United Kingdom
“Christmas Party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I went with some work colleague for our Christmas party in 2012, it was loverly. The food was delicious and well presented. The Sunday Lunch is also very good.

Visited December 2012