The Corner House Bed & Breakfast
$71
PremierInn.com
Ennerdale Country House Hotel(Cleator)(Great Value!)
$91
Grove Court Hotel(Cleator)(Great Value!)
$67
$100
The Sleepwell Inn(Workington)
$112
$139
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsderwent roombiscuitsroll top bathfluffy towelsbike rideliving roomwarm welcomeattention to detailcomfortable bedtown centrecooked breakfastguest loungetop marksa great staywelcoming hostsfree wififresh fruit
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a great B&B to start the C2C bike ride. Very impressive building and our hosts couldn’t be more welcoming or accommodating. It is fairly unusual for a B&B because they have onsite parking and allowed us to leave the car for the duration of our trip, which is a weight off your mind. Very clean place with great breakfast to start your days riding. Would use again if I do the ride with my son later in the year. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked this b&b for one night for my son & his girlfriend. They absolutely loved everything about it & said it was a real treat to stay somewhere so homely & so comfortably. They loved the breakfast too!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed in this bed and breakfast while in the area for work. The owners were extremely welcoming and hospitable. My room was very comfortable with plenty of nice touches that made it feel a bit more luxurious. It was very small however - it was only me staying in a twin room so i was able to use the spare bed to put my things on but if there were two sharing then it would be a real squeeze. The bathroom was excellent, spotlessly clean, and the power shower a nice touch. As I arrived late after a long day of travelling I did want a glass of wine to unwind but there was nowhere to go within reasonable walking distance. However the owners were kind enough to give me half a bottle of rose that they had in their fridge which saved me a trip to the shops! I was able to venture out in daylight to replace it for them the next day. Breakfast in the morning was nice enough but I would have expected better quality for the money.

On the whole I cannot fault this bed and breakfast (although I prefer hotels or pubs with accommodation because I don't like the feeling of being in someones house and just being confined to one room) but did feel that it was expensive. I stayed in the Shepherds Arms Hotel in Ennerdale the following night which was cheaper, and in my mind, just as good quality. But if you want somewhere that gives you accommodation on the outskirts of Whitehaven town centre. You will certainly get a warm welcome.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dandgandgedandnell
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed one night at The Corner House, it was a very smart room I stopped in, with a very comfortable bed and room. The bathroom was the one you always dreamed about in your own home. The room was spotless and the bedlinen was so fresh you could smell it. There was an abundance of tea/coffee and fresh bottled Water,Biscuits and Hot chocolate. I stopped in the Ennerdale Room which over looked the front of the house. Dave and Lisa are brilliant hosts, although I think I got Dave in trouble for talking at Breakfast!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bugsy3967
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This stylish and beautifully appointed B and B offers a warm welcome, excellent accommodation and a delicious breakfast. Thoroughly recommended. We had some difficulty finding the location on a rainy night, so be sure to study the map carefully.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple