“Amazing value for money”
Review of Ali Taj

Ali Taj
Ranked #43 of 68 Restaurants in Whitehaven
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The five course meal deal was worth every penny! The food was fantastic and even the drinks were cheap.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would like to start my review by saying, we tried another two restaurants within the space of a week and this was fly far the best. Why is this? The food is amazing, I had chicken tikka masala and was left stuffed,nthe range of food was amazing and the value was incredible. I don't think anybody finished there meal, and all enjoyed it immensely.

The service was quick polite and always attentative, checking up on us regularly asking if we needed drinks, and just being kind. The food came reasonably quickly, we were waiting for about 10 minuets. I would say the only fall was when they gave us pompadoms they charged us 1.20 each when in the menu they say something cheaper. However they gave us the amount that we asked for. And the table cloth had a stain on (but if they changed that every time someone spilled something then he amounts needed would be endless!)

Paying for our meals individually was also not a problem, this helped us all greatly as we couldn't work out swapping money around! But I was wonderful, the staff the food the atmosphere were all second to non. I will be returning

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've been frequenting Ali Taj for over four or five years now being a local (the resturaunt is 30 mins away from my home), and i havent had any bad experiences. There are times when Ali Taj gets busy and the staff panic a bit, but other than that ive had fond memories of this hidden gem in Whitehaven.

After reading a few of the other reviews, i was surprised to hear some folk having dissapointing experiences. As far as i know, and i have spoken to him, the owner of the resturaunt is called Ali, hence Ali Taj, and his resturaunt has been there for a long time with his family always owning the resturaunt (it hasnt changed hands.)

This place is ideal for anyone wanting a really good tasting curry. All the curries ive had there have been nothing short of amazing and basically everyone i've taken there for a meal has loved it, the experience, the food, oh and their drinks!!! Their Kingfisher on tap is a really good pint.

Ali Taj is situated beside the harbour too so its worth a visit before you go to eat. Also the walking beforehand will make you feel less guilty about having a delicious curry!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I recently visited Ali Taj for a friends birthday meal. Everything was wonderful, the only thing I wasn't happy about was the poppodoms, as they gave us enough for the whole group but 2 of us didn't like them.. We later found out we had to pay £1.20 each for one even though 2 of us didn't want one.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

perfect... every time.

the menu is varied, but the chef and staff are willing to help you experiment and cook things to your taste to help you do this.

1  Thank nicola h