Chase Hotel
$144
Hall Park Hotel(Workington)
$115
$93
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday lunchbeefdouble roomgarlic mushroomsmin walk to the harbourbreakfast was freshly cookedget togetherpleasant place to stayopen to non residentspleasant staffmashthree courseson displaypiping hotgreat showerwi figood size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Rooms were cold no heating what so ever staff was great but the owner did nothing put drank and bring his fellow work mates in to fill the hotel . Would not go back it's not worth the money .... Beds need to be renewed

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed in the Chase Hotel in preparation for a bike trip on the C2C trail. While the hotel is convenient to the Cockrickle station, it really has very little to recommend itself. Staff was very impersonal and dismissive of our few questions. Room was acceptable (ours was in the new wing) but not really worth the money. Breakfast was minimally appetizing. To do it over again, I'd stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anonymous853
Reviewed September 13, 2011

It's definetely not the most modern hotel, however it was much cleaner than some of the impersonal "budget" hotels I've stayed in. Toiletries were supplied and the bathroom was better than other hotels in this price range. The staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. Food was lovely and generous portions. The only disappointment, for me, was that breakfast wasn't available until 08:00hrs on Sunday morning, however this won't stop me staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Not sure where to start with this one, I ended up here after the Premier Inn was full and couldn’t take me, so after a brief search I decided the Chase was a good bet.
Parking is plentiful and the grounds of the hotel are kept well, I waited at reception for a few minutes and after no one came I rang the bell, a very young lady then came to my assistance and I was checked in within seconds, the room I had was in the old part of the hotel and was dated to say the least, the bathroom floor was pealing up at the edges and the sink had cigarette burns on it, the shower was electric and flow was insufficient to actually get wet… so no shower!
I asked if the bar was open to get a drink and the same young lady on reception said it wasn’t open but she would get me one, the bar area was deserted and felt a little dated, however if you were after a peaceful drink you wouldn’t go wrong here.
I wandered in to Whitehaven town centre which is only a 10 minute walk, there are lots of take aways and a big Wetherspoons if you like that sort of thing.
On my return to the Chase at 20.00 I asked for a menu and decided on the special of the day ‘spaghetti carbonara’, I have to admit I really wasn’t expecting anything above average but to me shear surprise it was very tasty, lots of pasta and sauce and huge chunks of home baked ham, I ate the lot!
I had to leave the hotel at 05.30 and I couldn’t find a sole to check me out, I ended up putting my key card behind reception myself and leaving, so I am not convinced there is actually anyone on duty through the night.
To sum up, a dated hotel, a dated room, a dated bar, decent food, and nice pleasant staff, would I stay here again? Strangely yes I would… but I really don’t know why!

Room Tip: If yiu are staying here ask when booking for a room in the New part of the Hotel
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Calan-uk
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The first time we've stayed in the Chase Hotel, welcomed warmly, shown to our room.
Facilities clearly displayed.
Price was value for money, great breakfast.
Would stay again and recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Hotel sited in quiet location
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple