“Mountain Leader Training Course”
Review of carolclimb

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
carolclimb
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Had a fantastic 6 days completing the ML Training course with Carol and Richard from CarolClimb. Firstly, what a great base; after a long drive from Essex I immediately felt refreshed when I arrived at the Youth Hostel. Sitting in its own grounds by the waters edge, a fabulous building full of character, really friendly staff and the views across Wastwater just make you feel good. The course was very comprehensive covering all the relevant aspects in a fun and motivational manner. Carol encouraged good group work and her knowledge of the area is impressive. Particulary enjoyed the expedition and middle of night micro navigation and again, a great choice of location for the wild camp. The course was everything I hoped it would be, the 6 days flew past. Fab!

1  Thank Steve L
There are newer reviews for carolclimb

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I went on a CarolClimb Mountain Leader training course with my boyfriend in August 2012 and had an absolutely fantastic week. Being regular walkers and climbers we were originally unsure about how much we would take away from the course but we both learnt so much. Carol and Richard were both friendly and professional and shared a wealth of local knowledge with us. Their passion for what they do and the area they live in is utterly infectious and evident in every aspect of their teaching. I walked away at the end of the five days having learnt my strengths, my weaknesses, a multitude of new skills, and what it means to be leading in the mountains. The skills you learn are incredibly useful be it for leading groups, or just to improve your personal confidence and safety in the mountains, and Carol and Richard teach everything to the highest standard. I will be returning to CarolClimb in summer 2013 to hopefully do my assessment!

1  Thank meg-lindeman
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just booked up again with Carol Climb for my 8th year in a row, again this year taking a party of 30 people 22 of which are school children can't wait to meet up again with Carol and Ric. The pupils again this year are looking forward to the expert instruction for Canoeing, Rock climbing, Absailing and most of all there local knowledge during the 48 hour overnight expedition, there ability to pitch instruction to both adults and pupils is the reason we go back each year.

1  Thank david g
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

I had little experience if fell walking and navigating, after a week with Carol Climb (and maybe a little more practice) I can't wait to do my ML assessment!
I found the tutors, knowledgable and helpful.

Wasdale YHA was a great location for the course!

Bring in the assessment.

1  Thank Stephh91
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I've been on several courses organised by Carolclimb and have found them all, including the last one in Dec, to be very well organised and professional as well as very enjoyable and good fun. Carol and Richard are both very experienced and are both encouraging and enthusiastic. I'll definitely train with them again!

1  Thank Chrisski1973