“Awesome food and service ”

Amigos Mexican Restaurant & Steakhouse
Ranked #4 of 78 Restaurants in Ulverston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Mexican Restaurant & Bar established in 1997. We are a Small independent company offering a friendly and personal service. All dishes are home-made using freshly prepared, locally sourced ingredients. Amigos is situated in the historic market town of Ulverston, South Lakes and ideally located adjacent to The Coronation Hall. Reservations usually always required!!
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Amigos was chosen by my son for his birthday meal out and it didn’t disappoint!
Our party of 6 enjoyed the variety of fresh cocktails, starters and meals.
Dishes enjoyed: chilli beef nachos, blood pudding and chorizo, beer battered king prawns, mojito prawns, chimichanga, pollo con jalapeño, spicy lamb and a seafood paella that was as good as my favourite restaurant in andulucia, right here in the south lakes. It really was a special Paella.
The partys favourite drink was the pink gin fiz and the service from the staff was perfect.
We will definitely return at the earliest opportunity.
Massive thumbs up from all - Cheers

1  Thank Roose30

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

This is my favourite restaurant in ulverston ... a must visit ... beautiful food / cocktails and great service also extremely reasonably priced.

2  Thank becks1234sc
Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Really cracking meal ahead of the BIG Helvellyn walk!

Recommend Amigos Mexican restaurant to anyone visiting or going through Ulverston.

Very attentive and lovey staff. Had BBQ wings, Onion Ring Tower and (chicken) Fajitas. Washed down with a few pints of Amstel.

2  Thank tom_watts2040
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Great Italian restaurant but food is a bit spicy gave me bad chocolate runs the next day my lasagna wasn't lasagna

Reviewed June 8, 2018

I came here for a meal for my Birthday at the beginning of May with a group of 8 others and it was amazing as usual! We got our drinks downstairs in the bar when we arrived, I had a Minty Morgan cocktail (or 3!) which had pineapple juice and rum and was very summery and fresh tasting! As the restaurant knew it was my birthday, I got a sparkler in my drink when we were up at our table and one of the staff came dressed in a chilli outfit and sang Happy Birthday to me which was a great surprise!
We had pre-ordered our food because we were a large group, which meant we were seated and served our food quickly after we arrived! Everyone loved their food and cleared their plates, even though the portions are large and generous! I had pollo con jalapeño and they made it milder for me as I'd requested which was great!
We shared churros between us all for dessert which were super yummy!
Have been to Amigos many times and will go many times more in the future! The staff are all friendly and attentive and the restaurant always has a great buzzing atmosphere!
Thanks for another great meal Amigos :) xx