“Still the best in Cumbria”

The Miners Arms Swarthmoor
Ranked #16 of 78 Restaurants in Ulverston
Cuisines: British
Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

Well back again we had the oap fish and chips crispy batter and good chips you just cant get batter {sorry} better ah for 4.95.
Served by Michelle who was very good at training Sue who I believe was her first day,also bumped into a younger version of Lewis named Lew ah that's going to be a laugh Stuart when you shouting for one of them .
All i can say to anyone visiting Ulverston try miners arm for a bloody good meal and very friendly staff.
Just missed you yesterday Stuart we just passed you in car when you were coming back but will see you Today for the fantastic Sunday carvery.
Good work on the extension very spacious see you later.

Mick H
Preston

Reviewed July 31, 2017

Proprietor is a bit abrasive but once you get through the roughness, friendly fast service. My mom had the oap portion of fIsh and chips. Still a very healthy portion. Lovely battered fish and crispy chips. I had a half portion of liver and onions...I would hate to try and finish a normal portion! It was a wholesome meal in all.

Reviewed July 26, 2017

We stopped for tea here after a day at the zoo. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the lovely staff who were pleasant and helpful. Only criticism was my salad was covered in mingernaise and salad dressing which I hate so I would recommend that these are offered as a choice. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Called in here midweek for the first time anext time were passingnd was pleasantly impressed. The staff were excellent and extremely helpful. We had a small toddler with us which they got a high chair for and supplied an appropriate sized meal for. Our meals were varied and all plates were cleared and enjoyed. To top it all the prices were reasonable and we even got to choose portion size. Will be going next time we are passing

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Well Stuart/ Lynn we cant keep away called in Wednesday with doggies for a meal served by Lewis's and Curtis i had the 10 oz gammon steak while karen had the sirloin steak both meals top notch.
I recommend anyone traveling through to dalton or barrow call in to the Miners arm for a good meal and friendly atmosphere YOU will not be disappointed

Mick h