“Lovely food and Staff”

The Miners Arms Swarthmoor
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Ulverston
Cuisines: British
Reviewed July 26, 2017

We stopped for tea here after a day at the zoo. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and the lovely staff who were pleasant and helpful. Only criticism was my salad was covered in mingernaise and salad dressing which I hate so I would recommend that these are offered as a choice. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Called in here midweek for the first time anext time were passingnd was pleasantly impressed. The staff were excellent and extremely helpful. We had a small toddler with us which they got a high chair for and supplied an appropriate sized meal for. Our meals were varied and all plates were cleared and enjoyed. To top it all the prices were reasonable and we even got to choose portion size. Will be going next time we are passing

Reviewed June 22, 2017 via mobile

Well Stuart/ Lynn we cant keep away called in Wednesday with doggies for a meal served by Lewis's and Curtis i had the 10 oz gammon steak while karen had the sirloin steak both meals top notch.
I recommend anyone traveling through to dalton or barrow call in to the Miners arm for a good meal and friendly atmosphere YOU will not be disappointed

Mick h
Preston

Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

We called here for Sunday lunch yesterday and all we can say is it was OUTSTANDING! The carvery menu included beef, gammon or pork and a variety of vegetables. Everything was cooked to perfection. Tender beef, delicious mash and yorkshire puddings. Definitely home cooked-i couldn't have done better myself! Absolutely delicious!
The staff were extremely welcoming and dining was situated in a small but pleasant area looking out onto the beer garden. All in all a superb Sunday lunch!
We will definitely be back!

1  Thank INTREPID T
Reviewed May 1, 2017

I don't think I have ever eaten anywhere quite like it. In terms of the food it was what you would expect in a pub, my starter was nice and although the main was a bit disappointing the others in my party really enjoyed theirs. The landlord is quite a character!

1  Thank Stephen D