“Fantastic carvery.”

The Miners Arms Swarthmoor
Ranked #18 of 78 Restaurants in Ulverston
Cuisines: British
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

Lovely hot food, carvery is fantastic and good value for money. Friendly relaxed atmosphere and great service.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

Same as always great food and friendly staff highly recommend booking recommend gets busy ....good beer garden out back

Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

We have been meaning to go for some time - based on reviews. Noted that we should have a Sunday lunch. But, just happened to pass on a Friday night.
Lovely warm greeting from Michelle, who was very helpful toward us, taking us through the menu & checking things out for us. Nothing was too much trouble.
We had the curry & a homemade pie. And chips to die for!
Seldom if ever I leave food on a plate & here was the exception! Generous portions & sadly therefore no pudding on this occasion!
Faultless for the price & service with a smile!
We will be back! Hopefully for the Sunday lunch!

1  Thank Caporciano
Reviewed March 9, 2017 via mobile

I have been meaning to go since Stuart & Family moved from The Big Kings in Ulverston.A rarity nowadays as he and his wife are real Mein Hosts.Service excellent,staff spot on & food delicious.We had lamb shank with mash/chips & veg.All 3 were wonderful & the veg(carrots, cauliflower & cabbage)were just right,not soggy & spoilt.For a tenner,fantastic value:washed down with an excellent lager & bitter.I'm going again soon for The Sunday Roast which I have to book in advance.

1  Thank Anthony T
Reviewed March 8, 2017 via mobile

The Miners Arms is lovely friendly family run pub with traditional values. Stu & Lynne are wonderful hosts and Swarthmoor are lucky to have them as their Sunday cavery's in the Big Kings in Ulverston were the best in town before they took on their own freehouse at at The Miners. No wonder the regulars loyalty followed them to the Miners.

Lynne prepares delicious homemade meals which a very hearty and if you can manage three courses you won't need to eat for a week! An extensive menu & there is something for everyone from homemade pies to daily roast or a lamb shank or a tower burger or fish & chips to name but a few.

I took a friend of mine there today, one stop on the bus or a 15 minute brisk walk from Ulverston & we enjoyed a wonderful afternoon & will be returning very soon. Stu was in high spirits even though as a lifelong Barnsley fan & travelled to Loftus Road to see them get beat last night against my team QPR, the gent even got me a beer.

I enjoyed a huge tender lamb shank with fresh vegetables & chips (my friend had same with mash) not forgetting the homemade gravy served in a proper gravy boat. All delicious.

There is a good selection of real ales & quality largers. I sampled the excellent Wolf Rock which I can highly recommend & my friend was delighted to find Staropramen on tap.

The Miners offers excellent value lunches (2 for £12 from the extensive special board) or has main menu and also serves evening meals.

The Miners is known for its sports & live music, although this doesn't interfere with dining as you can choose to eat in the conservatory or rear bar. They encourage families & children. There is a lovely garden and play area outside which is a great addition especially in the summer months.

What can more can I say. Pop along & you won't be disappointed. Like me I'm sure you will return.