“best in town”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Try its a great place I've tried loads from the menu eat in or take out its great service 25% off takeaway orders, if you like it hot try the tinderloo it's a proper bad boy.

3  Thank dan f

Reviewed August 12, 2012

we come here the odd time for a sit down meal, but regularly get a takeaway. eat in or take out, weve never been disappointed. its my favourite indian around. and they will be happy to help and advise when your not sure what you will like. the service is great and price is normal. cant ask for better :-)

2  Thank PipFox
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Our friends have been telling us for months about how nice taste of baltiis finally got round to going and what a shame we never went sooner! We went to the happy hour , starter, main N rice or naan for under a tenner, it cost us 31 pound for 2 including 2 pints and 4 soft drinks, the staff were friendly

3  Thank Fullic
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My partner & I went to Taste of Balti on Sat 25th Febuary 2012. I rang up earlier in the day to pre-book us a table at half 7. When we arrived-on time- we were told there wasnt a table ready yet & to wait at the bar where there was another couple waiting who told us they had also booked a table & there's wasn't ready either. After quite some confusion amongst staff we got seated on a table right next to the door & every time the door opened we were greeted by a lovely cold breeze. I never stopped shiverring the whole time we were there. Then came time to order our drinks. I asked for a large glass of rose wine, only to be told they dont sell wine by the glass but if i buy a bottle i can take the rest away with me afterwards. I reluctantly agreed, then we ordered our food. We thought it was strange as about 10 minutes after we ordered we still hadnt got our poppodoms, but we continued to wait then our starters arrived. When we asked why we hadnt had our poppodoms the waiter replyed " I didnt know you ordered any". We told him to not bother with them & we just had our starters. I asked for some Mango Chutney to go with the starters and they brought some over for us. We both ordered Onion Bhajis, they were good, i've had better, i've had worse. Then came the main course, which arrived at our table in a very peculiar order. Naan bread arrived fisrt, followed by my Chicken Dopiaza, again on its own. Two minutes later my Partners Chicken Balti arrived, Sizzleing in a hot dish. Our rice then arrived last. We were laughing, as we eat out at Indian Restaurants regularly, and its the first time our Naan bread has arrived before our curry! Both curries were lovely as was the Naan bread. No other excitement after that. I somehow managed to drink my entire bottle of wine, we paid & we left.

2  Thank angiepange
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Taste of Balti is now our default Indian (actually Bhanga) restaurant in Ulverston. The menu has the 'standard' fare and some good house specials as well. Portions are good, but sensible, as are the spicing levels!

The staff are friendly and always welcoming to myself and my colleagues, and the food is consistently good.

5  Thank StevenandJen