“Great food but...”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Very nice pub that serves food every night of the week apart from Mondays. Tuesday- Thursday is a good day to visit as it's 2 meals for £12. Nice selection of food. I had the lasagne and I just felt it had gone down hill since the last time I had visited over a year ago. The vegetables were very hard and I just felt it had been rushed. Would return though.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Inn has special lunchtime offers each day except Mondays. The food is excellent, the ambience is all you would expect from an old Inn, the staff are attentive and quietly efficient. I recommend it to locals and visitors alike.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Everything about this place screams value and enjoyment. the hosts are anxious to please and offer a wide variety of foods and specials. Accompanied by good micro brewery ales.Very cost effective and the "specials" night brilliant value.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed for a weekend what a lovely place to stay,food was great. Had a lovely steak,cooked just right,and the breakfast was great too even had black pudding with the full English. Trudi and Paul are great people,looking forward in returning next time we go to Ulverston.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

A fantastic pub with very friendly staff. They put my wife and I at ease as we are deaf and made sure we could lip read them. Plenty of vegetarian choices. Foods were superb, hot and well cooked. Also service was quick as we did not have to wait a long time for our meals. Well done.