“Beautiful Cafe”

Ranked #26 of 73 Restaurants in Ulverston
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This place has a dual bonus. It is not only located in a beautiful garden with excellent simple food whilst you are eating the beautifully prepared food, you are also contributing to the running of the Hospice.

There are newer reviews for The Orangery

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Such a lovely cafe. Lovely food at reasonable prices. Really good to know you're helping support the hospice and the fantastic work they do. Volunteers are great.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Excellent food, well presented and at a reasonable price. The setting is beautiful with views over Ulverston and Morecambe Bay and the staff friendly and cheerful. You also are contributing towards the hospice funds which in all makes this a most worthwhile experience.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I'm amazed that I've only just discovered The Orangery - it's wonderful! For me it has become 'best in town' because the food is great and the prices so, so reasonable that for once it feels like one is getting value for money when eating out for lunch.

The sun terrace (and whole setting really) are absolutely lovely; it's really happily situated and the volunteer staff do a fantastic job. Expect the odd mistake or mix-up for that reason but to be fair for those prices and such good food I didn't mind one bit.

I would thoroughly recommend the Orangery for lunch to anyone - I have been on my own for a delicious, quiet lunch and have also taken my three-year-old daughter who found lots to keep her occupied in the toy and book corner.

My husband and I also took our baby and sat under one of the large parasols on the sunny terrace - so relaxing and beautiful.The tables were very well spaced for wheelchair access which helped when getting a pram in too.

The specials tart that I had was one of the best I've ever had and as for the ginger and lemon cake....just delicious!

Do give The Orangery a try when you're next looking for somewhere different in Ulverston town - I stumbled upon it this way and am so, so pleased that I did.

1  Thank Emma W
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have heard that the cafe attached to St Marys Hospice was good but never visited before and was unsure where it was really. I had to collect something from the Hospice on a sunny day and notice people sat outside at the cafe at the entrance of the car park and decided to have lunch while I was there.
I sat outside on the terrace on a rare sunny day, what a sun trap! very busy cafe which is good to see people supporting the hospice, menu had a good choice and very reasonably priced, sandwiches, burgers, quiches, pie and peas etc. Food was really good, and was quite impressed with it for the price and a lovely gift shop that is attached with lots of things to purchase.
This is somewhere you must go and try out, to support this great cause, but also it is a lovely cafe with great views of Ulverston and gardens it will be somewhere I will visit regularly from now on.

1  Thank fayelacey