“Improvements needed but lovely staff” 3 of 5 bubbles

Naaz
Ranked #32 of 69 Restaurants in Ulverston
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Improvements needed but lovely staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Firstly the restaurant is nicely decorated and staff were great and very chatty/friendly and very smart. My starter was disappointing i ordered shami kebab which arrived a bright red colour and looked more radio active than Heysham! Tasted of nothing it came with the most horrendous yellow boiled looking onions on top???????? Why?????? Yuck!

My main arrived which was a balti but i have to say the prawns were chewy...any chef knows that prawns should be barely cooked ao that they don't go hard.

Shame cos i really like the staff ....but starters put me off going again. Sorry guys.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Gloucester, United Kingdom
“excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Our favourite Indian restuarnat in Ulverston. The food is far superior to the other restaurants (and we've tried them all). Very well presented, even as a take away attention is given to garnish and accompiaments. The service is friendly and efficient and the decor is relaxing. Good value for money with discounts on take away and eat in menues.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank happyhippo2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Good choice to go for an Indian in Ulverston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would recommend this as the best of the bunch in the area. You wont be blown away but it is certainly satisfactory as Indian restaurants go. Good menu, the food did take a while to come out but sometimes I regard that as a good sign, in this case I think it could have been a little quicker but was very satisfied with the food and service.

Visited July 2013
“Exceptional and exquisite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

To say that the Indian food in this restaurant is exquisite would be an understatement. Very polite staff in a very appropriate environment and we felt very welcome. Highly, highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
ulverston
“very rude manager will not return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Have visited the naaz on many occasions, equally with the british raj and the balti as that is the three indian restaurants in ulverston, as indian food is our favourite. I called to book a table earlier at the naaz on saturday and specifically asked if my partner and I could have a window seat, which we have never asked for before, or as near as, never had a window seat in the naaz .I was told by the manager they only had a table for for four or six but would find us a nice table. Any way on arrival we were seated as usual at the very back of the restaurant .Any way we enjoyed the food as usual .When asked on leaving how everything was .I was positive i stated the food was nice as always,but disappointed with regards to the table as it was not near the window. The manager was then extremely rude. I will not be returning to the restaurant. The british raj is the best for food and flavour, although I must admit it does need a complete overhaul.We have visited the balti and also mr elephant , in barrow, where we will continue to enjoy and have our indian meal without being insulted at the end of the evening..

• Visited June 2013