Church Walk House
$117
$113
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Ulverston(Ulverston)(Great Value!)
$85
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewslake districtb bguest housefantastic placebreakfast was deliciousguest loungecouple of nightswarm welcomenothing is too much troublemartinhostscumbria
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for 3 nights before starting the Cumbria Way. John and Martin welcomed us into their home and gave us many ideas for places to eat, sites to visit and general information about the area. We had a fantastic time exploring and also visiting with them. We would highly recommend this B&B and hope to return again.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank westcoasthiker1
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had no idea what to expect from Church Walk House, as it had been booked through people I was doing some work for. They obviously knew best - as it's a great place to stay! A very comfy room, clean and tidy, in an excellent location, with en-suite, wi-fi - with charming, friendly hosts. I felt at home right away. Martin's breakfasts were such a treat - the mushrooms are legend, and that porridge... mmmm. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Susan E
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Fantastic place, great value, lovely genuine hosts, awesome breakfast (make sure you try the mushrooms), perfect location. can't recommend enough. You are lucky if you get the chance to stay at this gem - treat it well! I notice there is one negative review on the site for this one - very weird - I've stayed all over the world and it doesn't get better than this.
Mark

Room Tip: away from road
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank markkaye
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for just one night en route to visit friends, but I would have no hesitation in staying for longer.
It's in a fantastic location, and the owner , with his vast local knowledge really makes you feel at home. Lovely clean rooms and a lovely fresh breakfast .

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank 44DavidC
Reviewed May 11, 2012

On May 1, 2012, after a long journey from the States by plane and train, I found myself in Ulverston with a case of jet-lag and fatigue, in need of rest before starting my walk on the Cumbria Way. While dragging myself around town with my backpack, I was very fortunate to happen upon Church Walk House. Martin and John made me feel welcome and at-home, immediately. They attended to all of my concerns. The house is very warm and comfortable. I had a deep, refreshing sleep that night. In the morning, Martin was very helpful in providing information that would help me on my trip. He went out of his way to help me secure accommodation for a portion of my trip. Breakfast was exceptional and provided enough energy to last me until supper. Ulverston is a charming town to visit, and Church Walk House is a travel value. My only regret is that I didn't have enough to time to return there to spend an extra night before returning home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo