“Just to clarify.....”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Croston, United Kingdom
“Just to clarify.....”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stopped in the pub and stayed over night on a number of occasions and I have found the food, drink and hospitality to be excellent. However I read with interest the Trip Advisor comment of the 24th August 2013 and I find a number of the comments to distort the facts as I was sat at the table next to the bar as the situation unfolded. I agree there was an error of £30 on the bill, purely an arithmetic error which was acknowledged within minutes with unreserved apologies. I have had ribs on a number of occasions and the meat simply falls off the bone! I agree that there is no salad or veg with this meal but the menu but doesn't say it does come with salad and veg. The meal is so big it comes on two plates! The situation did not take 30 mins to resolve, more like 3 or 4mins. Every time I have stayed there within a few minutes of my meal arriving I get asked is everything ok with the meal. If the pizza was burnt the lady in question could have passed comment but did not.

• Visited August 2013

Burnley, England, United Kingdom
“Great pub”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and i have being holidaying around Coniston for the last few years, and always call in at The Red Lion on the way back to the caravan. We have always found everything to be really good. The staff / beers / food / locals etc etc If you are in the Coniston area, i suggest you call in for a great pint of bitter or a good pub meal

Tony, Jean and Copper the border collie ! We will be there again last week in October

• Visited March 2013
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Please just go somewhere else”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Reserved a table and things went done fro here. The food was mediocre at best - one daughter had burnt pizza, the other dreadful lasagne, absolutely shocking, I had overdone ribs with no salad or veg, my friends meals were no better. When I asked for the bill I was overcharged by £30 - the staff then refused to believe that they had overcharged us - and it took half an hour to resolve. Never a single apology or any sign that the customer should receive good service - just a bemused bloke behind the bar who clearly couldn't work a basic calculator. The worst bar meal I have ever had. Ever!

• Visited July 2013
Essington, United Kingdom
“Does what it says on the tin”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Good basic food. Simple bar meals but filling. Local pub for local people, don't think they get many tourists as off the beaten track, however they were very friendly people.

Visited July 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Yummy yummy”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Unexpected great meal at off the beaten track location. Eight adults and five children were catered for without fuss. Staff were great and took children's orders first to avoid delays. Highlights were the BBQ ribs and Cumberland sausage which was served with a huge Yorkshire pudding. Kids lasagne fab, adult veg lasagne even better. Kids ice cream was also eaten by the adults, it was that good. Belgian toffee waffle and chocolate pudding also great. A great find.

• Visited July 2013