“Peace, panorama, perfection”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ulverston
New Delhi, India
“Peace, panorama, perfection”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

Even before one settles into one's room in this charming cottage situated right at the Ulverston Estuary, one is captivated by the scenic view and the sense of peace and quiet barely mile away from the town centre. Add to this a warm and welcoming hostess, a delightful little dog, beautifully maintained rooms and grounds and a tasty, served-hot-from-the-skillet regional breakfast - and it is impossible to improve further on perfection.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I recently stayed at Sea Wood during a family holiday we took to Cumbria for my Dad's 70th Birthday and it was delightful. Sue (the owner) made me feel home from home. She welcomed me in with a huge smile and caring nature and I met the adorable Chester her cute bouji dog. The rooms we stayed in were cosy and relaxing with such comfy beds and lovely tea and coffe making facilities and a super nice shower and cleaned every day of our stay. Each morning Sue cooked breakfast to order and it was scrumptious. From continental to full-English Sue catered for all of our needs even buying me in vegetarian sausages and soya milk especially. The breakfast table overlooked the beautiful scenery of canal foot. With views of the estuary and the far distant Cumbrian landscape and passing locomotive steam trains it really was picturess and the hospitality and friendliness of Sea Wood's charm certifying the pleasure of my stay. I would recommend making a booking here to anyone and hopefully one day I may go back :). Thank you Sue and Rodger for making our stay so lovely and one day hopefully see you again, Kate and Family from Lancashire.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cannock, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We went for a 2nt break with our 2 small girls, Susan made us feel so very welcome from the minute we parked up. The B&B is FABULOUS right opposite the sea and Oh My Goodness the family room was so pretty, she even asked me ahead of time names of my girls and she had beautiful girlie duvet covers and chocolates. Breakfast was so lovely and extremely well presented, she had a gorgeous little dog called Chester who is the sweetest and most loving dog (my girls being dog lovers...went crazy and didnt wanna leave for sightseeing). Anyone who wants the most loving, welcoming and homely holiday must stay at Sea Wood cottage this is coming from someone who is very very picky about hotels I stay in ...I would only say one thing to end if every B&B was like this and such caring hosts no one would ever need the best of hotels ....thank you Susan for making our trip so wonderful.

Room Tip: The family room is just PERFECT !!!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ash2376
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is absolutely the most beautiful B&B in the Ulverston area. Sue and Roger are exceptional hosts and lovely people. They were so accommodating and helpful to me during my extended stay this past summer. The views are stunning and the accommodations are impeccably clean and beautiful. The breakfasts are cooked to order and are amazing. The views from the dining room of the bay and surrounding countryside are so peaceful and serene. I've travelled many places and this is by far the best B&B I've had the pleasure to visit. Many thanks to Sue & Roger! Julie H, Phoenix, AZ

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lancashire
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My partner and I stayed here last weekend with our two and a half year old son to enjoy A Day out with Thomas event at Hatherthwaite Station only 15 mins drive away, Ulverston centre even less. The room was lovely and bright, and the bedding was very modern and comfortable, and Sue provided a very comfy travel cot for our son who slept soundly as soon as his head hit the pillow, as did we in our bed. The room overlooked the beautiful gardens, and the bathroom was spacious and modern. We had stunning views of Levens Estuary from the breakfast room, in which we enjoyed a delicious full cooked Cumbrian breakfast, with a wide choice of cereals, fruit, yoghurts and biscuits/cakes to choose from, and luckily for us, we had 2 days of hot sunshine to boot. Sue is a fantastic woman, very welcoming and friendly, and helpful, and our son loved her little dog Chester. We were only sad that we were staying for just one night, but we would definitely stay again. Brilliant host and a superb place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LancashireSharon
Louth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I with our 10yr old daughter stopped for one night at the beginning of March. A very relaxed and homely welcome. Spotlessly clean; comfortable beds and excellent breakfast with plenty of choice. Chester was a very big hit with our daughter who was reluctant to leave him. Shame we couldn't of stopped longer. Thanks Sue

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Sue-SeaWood, Owner at Sea Wood Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi Linda,

Thanks for your review, our little dog Chester just loves the attention he gets, your welcome at Seawood at anytime.

Regards...Sue
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Just wanted some peace and quiet away from the kids, wer from barrow which is just 20 mins from this b&b it was great though didnt really feel like i was near my home. Nice genuine people who want to cater for your every need. Sues really welcoming and the bedrooms clean and tidy overlooking gardens. The breakfast is fab with cooked breakfast and also continental as well if u want its gr8 the sea wood, with its breath taking views even in the rain! Valentines was special 4 me this year as i spent it at the sea wood why dont you give it a try im guna go back in summer .

Room Tip: Double is good but you have to go out your room to bathroom, family room is ensuite though.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sue-SeaWood, Owner at Sea Wood Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Laura,

Thank you very much for your review, whenever you need that special break you are welcome to Seawood B&B at anytime.

Sue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulverston
Lonsdale House Hotel
#4 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness
Abbey House Hotel
Abbey House Hotel
#3 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness

Been to Sea Wood Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!