“Lovely Sunday Lunch”

The Mill at Ulverston
Ranked #18 of 74 Restaurants in Ulverston
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Converted 17th Century mill with original waterwheel still intact and turning in centre of pub. Venue has a beautiful cask ale bar (CAMRA's Good Beer Guide 2011 & 2012) with eight hand pulls serving a variety of Cumbrian, Lancastrian and local ales. Upstairs is a lovely restaurant with 45 covers, chandeliers and beautiful, original mill artefacts. Upstairs at the rear is a large outside terrace area with seating for over 50 and Ulverston's Mill Race stream running through one side. Food offering varies from burgers and pizzas, right through to beautifully presented,fine dining starters and main. All our food is prepared in-house by an experienced and talented brigade of chefs using predominantly local South Cumbrian suppliers.Open 11-12 everday, with food available every lunch and evening, seven days a week.
Southport UK
“Lovely Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Came here for Sunday lunch.
Sat outside upstairs with friends when away for the weekend.
Our server Georgie was brilliant .She took our drinks order then came back for the food order.
Some of our group had the Sunday lunch.It was lovely
Fresh vegetables not overcooked like lots of places.
Lots of meat gravy and potatoes .
We really enjoyed it.Thank you.

• Visited October 2013

Bakewell, United Kingdom
“Camra visit perfect pint.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We are on holiday and as usual choose watering hole via the Good Beer Guide, and were not disappointed. This is a cosy and comfortable place to come after a days walking,there are a great range of well kept ales and a good Cider(Kingston Press). The bar staff are friendly and helpful with a fair knoweledge of the beer. Have not eaten here yet but I am sure it will be a good a standard as the ales.

Visited October 2013
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“used to be great with events but gone downhill. However,excellent selections of real ales”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Really nice pub area, with mill workings in a case that are, working under some owners, and not under others.
Excellent range of real ales at reasonable prices.
Rooftop lounge available but sadly allows smoking, and when we went it was in a very dirty state with fag butts and food scattered about (even in the plant pots?!) - Clearly a very neglected part of the premises, which is a shame as it is undercover - I would recommend that this area be smoke free and let the smokers sit outside at the front of the building where there are several table. Really grotty outside overall, unappealing and no care given to the plant life.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank happyhippo2014
essex
“Good night out not so much for food.”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I came here for a company get together so we had a few drinks and a meal which I choose the balti, which was beyond dry I mean no sauce? I managed about a quarter of my meal which would have been nice if I had some sauce to eat it with.
The staff were nice and obliging but the room down stairs is a little crampt as getting to the bar is an effort.

My friends enjoyed their choices except my line manager who had ordered the ribs which looked the part but didn't taste to great?

I'll keep this place on my radar for a night out, and leave the food out of the equation.

• Visited September 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“A good pub in the north of England”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

A pretty good selection of ales on tap, about 12, from dark to light. Then, a great selection of pub food, and very large plates. I recommend the starter sizes if you're not famished.

As with all pubs in this town, don't go expecting to have a lot of company before teatime! I asked someone in Coniston yesterday to name a good pub and go the response "Don't go to 'em myself!"

• Visited September 2013