“What a perfect little cafe!”

Love at First Bite at Dusty Miller's
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in Ulverston
Description: Breakfast / Lunches / Tea Time Treats - Vegetarian friendly with Vegan and Gluten Free options
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The owner has everything just right, from the location all the way down to the little milk bottles that come with the tea! The food is delicious with a lot of thought went into menu choice, not your 'run of the mill' boring cafe. (Pardon the pun) It is also so delightful to see staff enjoying their work and going out of their way to make everyone feel so welcome.
10/10 we will be back!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (52)

Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

I decided to take my son and mother for breakfast here but were very disappointed. It opens at 10am and we were expecting a good fresh choice but they had a very limited choice, not a scrambled egg in sight, never mind a full English!! They did offer toast with home made marmalade but unfortunately the staff said her mother makes it but she was still waiting for her to drop a new batch off! The choice of yoghurt with nuts at £5 was I think too expensive as well. With only a few other options myself and my mum chose avocado on toast with fresh chilli and this is what we got but on two small slices of hard toast the topping and no other embellishment, nothing and not cheap. All said it was fresh but they need to offer more and even though there was only one other table, the service was slow and at no point did anyone ask us if we were happy with our meals. So we left still hungry andsadly to say we ill not be rushing back which is a shame with a budding business in such as this in a lovely setting.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

Great cafe. Good food. Lovely decor. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff too. Best way to visit is by bike- you’ve got to earn those calories!!

Reviewed August 18, 2019 via mobile

We found this place by pure chance on a bike ride last year. This year, when we came back on holiday, we specifically sought it out for brunch and a cosy place to read the papers and I’m glad we did. Still the same nice atmosphere, joyful staff and good food as before. Well done. Keep it up!

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

Popped in a week ago off the cuff, as I hadn’t heard of this place before (my wife had).
We were quite late with only 30mins before closing, however the owner made us very welcome and even ran over closing time in accommodating us.

The food was awesome and all homemade and the ambiance/decor was nothing short of perfect. Like I said, the owner was very friendly and all the staff were great.

Definitely be going back, I’m surprised it wasn’t advertised or on the radar more, it appears to be more known via word of mouth.

No negatives or criticism, except that it was licensed yet not open at evenings which I can’t help but feel they are missing a trick there.

5 Stars all the way