“Food to die for......”

Ranked #11 of 74 Restaurants in Ulverston
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

When we checked out the Rose and Crown on Tripadvisor it came out as number 10 in Ulverston - the other 9 places must be amazing!

For £25 we ate like kings. I had a steak in a pie, served with chips and vedge. It was very well presented, tasted great and I struggled to eat it all. My wife had mussels and prawns served with chips and bread. Both these meals were simply lovely and we will certainly be eating at this pub again.

The staff were friendly and helpful. Parking down the road was free!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

When someone describes Steak Pie its usually bits of steak... and some crust NOT SO at the Rose & Crown, if you want a dish of silky unctiously delicious gravy with two steaks lurking beneath ready to melt in your mouth, crowned by a fabulous flaky pillow of pastry...this is the place for you... ooooh yum.

1  Thank OptomanLeeds
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Went for Sunday Roast Special (2 courses for £9.95). I had the roast pork followed by the apple crumble; the roast pork tasted a bit bland with lots of mash filling the plate and the gravy was very rich and thick and didn't seem home-made. The vegetables that came with the meal were very nice and the apple crumble was tasty. The girls serving us were very pleasant but i won't be rushing back.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

It's years since I've been to the Rose and Crown. I went with friends and the meal was ok, The portions were huge and well cooked but a little lacking in flavour for me. I had the seafood parcel from the specials board. The service was great though..very friendly.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I’m not saying this place was bad, just very average. Although I could see the potential for a better dining experience which is why I would assume others have rated this pub highly. The food was good/OK, not much choice of ales when I was there compared to other pubs and not enough tables. Seemed like a Pub geared up for food rather than a restaurant. Staff didn’t seem that interested or passionate about there jobs either, maybe just got them on a bad day. Going to give this place another go though and will probably book a table in advance which is what I would recommend people do and not just turn up. There are other pubs better suited if you just want to turn up without pre booking.

1  Thank Salvador76