“Amazing Lunch”

Ranked #9 of 78 Restaurants in Ulverston
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just had an amazing lunch at The Rose & Crown in Ulverston. Homemade food was fantastic. We had the lunch time menu 2 meals for £12 - smaller portions but still HUGE - cant imagine how big normal sized ones are!!!!! Will certainly return soon..

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Popped in here after it was recommended by a local. We were not disappointed, great menu with lots to choose from (for every budget too).

When the food came we were a little surprised at just how good it was! Huge portions, some people dislike this but I think all pub grub should be like this.

If we are ever passing through again, we will be sure to pop in for a bite.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Have been here 4 times now and the food is always excellent and very generous portions, one of us had ribs which was massive and very tasty, i had a mixed stir fry, all of the meals we had were lovely. Staff were very helpful and friendly. We will be back again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went here for the first time with friends for dinner. Tuesday night so not too busy, and we had a nice table.

The food was really good with big portions, and the staff were really friendly.

It's a proper old pub with a lovely atmosphere and I would definitely go again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had an hour to kill yesterday and was quite hungry so thought id give this pub a go as the cafe across the road had stopped serving food. I've been for a pint here on several occasions a few years back but never eaten here so this was a first. And boy was i impressed. The menu had quite a large selection. I had arrive too late for the lunch time menu but this wasnt a problem as there is still plenty to choose from. I opted for the cajun chicken with half rice and chips. The service was impeccable from the smiling staff. The pub itself is a very charming rustic traditional looking one. Its very comfortable and has a charming ambience to it. The food arrived quickly, and the first thing i noticed was the generous portion size. When on my own i like to read a the paper and eat at a leisurely pace, and 20 mins after i had started the food was still hot. This is always a good sign for me. The meal was delicious, filling, and very satisfying.
I will definitely be returning here that is for sure