“Fantastic and friendly home from home.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hill Foot Hotel

Hill Foot Hotel
and 1 more site!
Hill Foot Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ulverston
Wales
“Fantastic and friendly home from home.”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My Son and I stayed over a very busy weekend and fiound the staff very helpful especially as I am a foreign visitor. Breakfasts large and could keep you going until the evening.
As we had no trnsport on our final day one of the staff offered to take us to the station.
I have stayed in many hotels in my lie and this was a first for me.I am not sure what the hotel is like in the evening think mainly a B and B but judging from the wedding that was held there on the saturday night a good night was had by all. I should add that was not the event i was there for.

• Stayed July 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cumbria
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Celebrated my 50th Birthday at this hotel. What a lovely restaurant with staff that couldn't do enough, and all with a smile. Well Done

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Durham, UK
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed at the hotel with my wife on Sat 18th July 09 for the one night to attend a wedding in Ulverston.
Hosts very friendly and helpful, room recently refurbished to a good standard.
Loved the Chimnea outside where we had a relaxed drink (or two!) after the wedding.
Breakfast served to suit us, freshly cooked, very nice.
Would definatley visit again

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dumfriesshire
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stayed at the Hillfoot Hotel on the 18 July 2009 for an over night stay with the rest of the family, we managed to get two double rooms which were decorated to a high standard and a family room which was also decorated well and was very spacious.

We booked into the hotel in the afternoon and were met by the owner who was extremely friendly and couldnt do enough to make us feel welcome. We were shown to our rooms which were decorated in a contempary style. The hotel is newly refurbished and the rooms were clean and very modern (esp the bathroom).

We were at a wedding in Newby Bridge and were given a late room key to return at our own lesuire. We were told that breakfast would be served to us whenever we wished, up until midday.

The breakfast was cooked fresh and the food was delicious.

It was a last minute room which we booked a week before our stay, the rooms were reasonably priced esp for the area and we would definately return.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We stayed at the hotel on Saturday, it was fabulous, the family were lovely, nothing was too much trouble. Even took photos for us and offered to light the chimenea if we wanted to sit outside.

We were in a superior room that was very nicely fitted out and a fabulous size my son was in another room which again was lovely.

Breakfast was great.

All in all the hotel is lovely and being renovated very well, nice hotel, family, food, we'll stay again if we need a hotel in the area.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
ULVERSTON
Reviewed April 30, 2009

My wife organised a party to celebrate my 60th birthday at the Hill Foot and approximately thirty of us, aged from 2 to 84, were given an excellent night out by the helpful and friendly staff of this lovely venue. They took care of everything - the catering, the disco, the room decoration - everything. All we had to do was turn up and have a wonderful evening!

Following our revels, My wife and I and two other couples stayed overnight and were given an excellent breakfast the following morning.

I had a wonderful celebration surrounded by my friends and family but it would be remiss of me not to acknowledge the major contribution of Pippa and the rest of the clan to the great success of what was a memorable party.

Thanks, again.

John Kelly

• Stayed April 2009
Reading
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Stayed for 3 nights whilst walking the Cumbrian Way. Owners couldn't have done more to make our stay any more pleasant. Fabulous breakfasts, great evening meals, cream teas - all in an idyllic location. Views from our rooms over beautiful garden and countryside. Plenty to do and see in the pretty village too. WONDERFUL !!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ulverston
Lonsdale House Hotel
The Ship Inn
The Ship Inn
#5 of 5 in Ulverston
Clarence House Country Hotel & Restaurant
Clarence House Country Hotel & R...
#2 of 2 in Dalton-in-Furness
Abbey House Hotel
Abbey House Hotel
#3 of 13 in Barrow-in-Furness

Been to Hill Foot Hotel? Share your experiences!