“Highly Recommended, Lovely Hotel.”
Review of Hill Foot Hotel

Hill Foot Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ulverston
Hill Foot Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ulverston
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I visited the Hill Foot with a group of my friends for a birthday celebration earlier this year, and we all absolutely loved the place!

The rooms were clean and decorated beautifully, the staff were so friendly and accomodating, and the food available was excellent!

Well done to Pippa and the girls for such a brilliant renovation of the place! It's gorgeous, and an excellent event venue.

We will definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed April 19, 2011

I stayed at this wonderful hotel for one night only on a business trip. The staff couldn't be more helpful. The room was spot on and ideal for the price. I will definitely be returning with the family in the summer for a short break.
Cant wait !!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2011

There is absolutely nothing positve to say about this hotel... but here is a summary:-
Dirty everywhere, nobody bothered to show up to prepare breakfast (waited 40 mins) or even set out the dining room, no toilet roll, internet did not work and TV broken just to name a few!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away!!
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank Lorraineburke
Reviewed November 30, 2010

OK so it's not a 4 star gaff, but we had such a great time, we think it warrants 4. There were problems, the radiator in the bathroom didn't work, and "someone to look at it" never materialised, which was a shame coz my shower was spoiled coz i was so cold ( remember the really snowy weather? THAT"s when we were there) Our table wasn't properly set for breakfast, and they had run out of orange juice, cereals etc. The food was no frills, but there was plenty of it. That aside, we really enjoyed the crack with the 2 daughters who were looking after things while Mum was away, and we will definately return. We went to see the Dickensian Market Festival in the town, which was fantastic, the whole town, it seems, turn out dressed up in costume, to drink mulled wine ( by the bucket) and entertain the visitors. We spent most of the saturday afternoon in The Farmers, steadily getting merry before we indulged in supper there. OMG, To die for. The food was delicious, no wonder it is booked solid. We will visit Ulverston next summer, so that we can enjoy the garden at Hill Foot, and maybe make use of their BBQ! We had a "night-cap" back at the Hotel and would recommend you do too. Great fun.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaznTrevNorthEast
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My Son and I stayed over a very busy weekend and fiound the staff very helpful especially as I am a foreign visitor. Breakfasts large and could keep you going until the evening.
As we had no trnsport on our final day one of the staff offered to take us to the station.
I have stayed in many hotels in my lie and this was a first for me.I am not sure what the hotel is like in the evening think mainly a B and B but judging from the wedding that was held there on the saturday night a good night was had by all. I should add that was not the event i was there for.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Celebrated my 50th Birthday at this hotel. What a lovely restaurant with staff that couldn't do enough, and all with a smile. Well Done

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I stayed at the hotel with my wife on Sat 18th July 09 for the one night to attend a wedding in Ulverston.
Hosts very friendly and helpful, room recently refurbished to a good standard.
Loved the Chimnea outside where we had a relaxed drink (or two!) after the wedding.
Breakfast served to suit us, freshly cooked, very nice.
Would definatley visit again