“A very warm and cosy welcome.”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
anjitigra
Anglesey, United Kingdom
“A very warm and cosy welcome.”
Reviewed October 15, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Did not really know what to expect, but this two night stay was so lovely taking you out of your normal comfort zone and putting you in the cosy zone. Greeted by six fresh eggs two brown two white and two little blue ones, also freshly baked scones. The little Hobbit fire came into its own due to the weather, but it did not take long to light it and get warm. Really enjoyed our stay thank you Hilary. I have shown the photos I took to lots of friends, family and colleagues, they were all impressed and a little jealous me thinks !

Nov 20, 2017
Thank you for for your lovely review - hope to see you again sometime!
Jackie F
West Yorkshire
“Weekend break ”
Reviewed October 1, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

My husband and I stayed here for a little break. Everything was thought of upon our arrival. We we're given, bread, butter, jams, cereal, eggs, beans, milk, orange juice and home made scones. The bed was comfortable, and the hut as a whole was well laid out. Towels and toilet rolls were provided so it saved us having to BRING as much with us. It's set in a very peaceful area and we loved it. It was so nice to have a break and live in our own secluded bubble.

Oct 3, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the shepherd's hut. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you may come again.
BeccaLoui...
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Small but perfectly formed”
Reviewed July 17, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We just returned from a stay in the Hut in the Sheep Wash and it was absolutely wonderful. Set in a private meadow, the hut has every comfort you would need to enjoy a remote retreat in the beautiful South Lakes area. Glamping with an en suite is a rare treat and I can't think of anything which could have made our stay more perfect. Thank you

Jul 19, 2017
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your lovely review. I hope you'll come again sometime!!
Kelly C
“Kelly and Michael ”
Reviewed June 29, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

We stayed here for four nights and have just got home, the Hut was absolute Heaven, so peaceful and had everything you needed, I would definitely recommend this beautiful place to anyone. Hilary was lovely and friendly, we will definitely be back.

Jul 3, 2017
You came such a long way to stay in the hut so I am glad you enjoyed your stay and made the long journey worthwhile. Hope to see you again!!
Callum M
“The perfect countryside hideaway come rain or shine.”
Reviewed June 12, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Both me and my girlfriend booked the fantastic hut in February for a week in June expecting some lovely sun, this being British summer time it of course rained. This would be a problem but there is no were better to be curled up with a beer and a book than this hut. When the sun did appear we took full use of the firepit and BBQ whilst sitting near the stream that run through the bottom of the field.

Well within reach of places like Windermere and Hawkshead, The amenities inside the hut are exactly what you need, with fresh eggs and cereal. As well as scones on arrival is fantastic.

I cannot recommend this place enough a beautiful place, in a phenomenal part of the country.

Jun 13, 2017
Many thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay despite the rain! I'll try and order sunshine if you come again - no promises though!!
HeyYoShel...
“Loved it!”
Reviewed June 8, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Absolutely beautiful little hut if you're looking for a quiet getaway near the lakes. The hut itself is amazing and so cosy, I was surprised at how spacious the inside actually is, and all with a double bed, log burner, bathroom, kitchen and dining area, it has everything you need, even on rainy days. Hilary (the owner) was so lovely and came down to see us when we first arrived, the little extra's inside the hut are such a nice touch too; fresh scones and jam and the kitchen was stocked with some eggs, cereals, milk, juice and bread to keep us going.
I would highly recommend this place and I will definitely be back!

Jun 10, 2017
Thanks for your lovely review . I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, even though it seemed to rain for most of the time!! Sorry I can't make the sun shine for all my guests.
EthanVoss
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Little Place”
Reviewed March 27, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

What a nice place hidden in the countryside! We had a lovely weekend away, Hilary was superb with all the extra she added. When we arrived she had put the fire on so it was nice and warm, she had also made some scones which were very nice. Even though the weather wasn't great we still had a great time, there's alot of places you can go to - ulverston, south lakes zoo and the lake district (newby bridge, windermere and ambleside). I'm sure I will come back to this place as it has everything you need and couldn't thank Hillary enough for what she done!! (Thanks for helping me get out the mud)

Mar 27, 2017
Thanks for a lovely review Ethan. Sorry I couldn't do anything about the weather but I'm glad you enjoyed your stay - hopefully the sun will shine next time you come!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing