The Snooty Fox
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Uldale
See available hotels
Ravenstone Lodge Hotel(Bassenthwaite)
Ravenstone Manor Hotel(Bassenthwaite)
  • Restaurant
The Pheasant Inn(Bassenthwaite)
Lyzzick Hall Hotel(Castlerigg)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe puban evening mealred cabbagehalibutspecials boardbooked a tablelarge portionsslow cooked lambcauliflower cheeseselection of vegetablesbubble squeakgreat local pubcreme brûléefantastic foodlooking forward to visiting againnorthern lake districtpork belly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This inn really has it all, fantastic food, great views, real ale and friendly staff. Just had a really wonderful weekend there.
The food is all freshly cooked from locally sourced produce and if you are lucky enough to chat to the friendly chef he will tell you where it all comes from and how it was cooked.

This place is a real gem tucked out of the way but really worth the effort to seek it out

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ruth060
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have regularly visited the Snooty Fox (over 8+ years) and without fail its our favourite pub in the Lakes.

Wonderful food - particularly the Lamb Shoulder and Fillet Steaks (be prepared to leave very full!) and friendly, approachable staff. Real ales on tap and a decent wine list which should easily satisfy most. Lovely, hidden area of the Northern Lakes, just near back o'Skiddaw for the walkers amongst us and definitely worth a visit for an evening meal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlotte D
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We have been to snooty fox for food a good few times now and it's always been of a really high standard!!,
I'd go as far as saying it's the best pub for food around the area (we live in cockermouth)
Everything you order is fresh and tasty, the starters, mains, vegetables and the puddings!!! You get good size portions (although because it's so nice I have to sample all 3 courses because it's so delicious, which usually means I can barely walk because I'm that full- which is a good thing in my eyes!!!)
The staff have always been very friendly and relaxed.
it is also nice to be in a pub that is situated in the countryside that have it all going on!! I would and do recommend the snooty fox to anyone who appreciates good food/service!!!!

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Sun-money-cocktails
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We visited here one evening after a local recommended the pub and stated shed visited here three times in one week! So very high expectations.

Bar staff - very friendly and attentive however i did over hear one of the bar ladies being a little 'off' with another table as the customer requested half chips/half potatoes, hardly seemed too much trouble as the pub wasn't packed out and a thursday night. The attitude just seemed a little unnecessary and the customer seemed a little offended, no harm in asking!

Food was okay, hardly large portions for though. I had the seafood plate, but discovered a piece of plastic in my food, It did put me off and left half my food. I quietly told the young barman who took our plates and he was very apologetic however nothing further was done. My boyfriend had the steak, chips where DELICIOUS, and the side of ratatouille/ragu was so tasty!

Puddings - sticky toffee pud was to die for, definitely homemade and tasted amazing.

Cheese board not so good, hard cheeses, very few of which are to mine and my boyfriends taste and we are cheese lovers. Very little celery, no grapes, and a small pot of chutney which i didn't enjoy.

Overall okay - would probably return if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Louise D
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

We have been going here regularly for 7 years now and had nothing but consistently excellent food, well kept beer and good wine, with welcoming and friendly service. If venison is on the specials, it's an absolute must!

• Stayed: July 2013