“Li'le Hullets was a real find”
Review of Li'le Hullets

Li'le Hullets
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Staveley
Li'le Hullets
Ranked #2 of 2 Staveley B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 13, 2014

This historic little home has been completely gutted and refurbished. Great value; spotlessly clean with a lovely warm wecome (to a stranger) from Anne, the local owner. She was born in the area and exudes Lakeland no-frills charm. She goes out of her way to make sure you have everything you need, including a color TV and a hearty English breakfast. To me, Li'le Hullets was a real find. Truly a home away from home. Lots of nice little touches beneath the oak beams. What's more, regular buses and trains to all over the Lakes stop within a few minutes walk of Anne's front door.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 5, 2014

A good spot a little out of the centre of Staveley. Ideal base for touring the lower end of the Lake district or the NW corner of the Dales. I stayed for two nights and was made to feel very comfortable by Anne. I stayed in the attic room which is fine for a single person but may be a bit tight for couples or more lofty individuals.

Room Tip: Twin bedded room is at the back, Double is at front. Both are ensuite, Attic room uses the main bath...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Lovely, friendly and very welcoming B and B. Anne was a very charming and attentive host and nothing was too much trouble. Room was Spotlessly clean with lots of little extras. Very substantial and good quality breakfast to set you up for the day. Would definitely stay again

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2014

A terrific b&b , stayed last week for one night and was made feel very welcome. Spotless room and bathrooms, premium toiletries, great breakfast and wi fi in lounge......as I said , what`s not to like.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jmcc67
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed at Li'le Hullets over Mothers Day weekend, from the moment we arrived we were well looked after. Anne was very attentive and catered for all our needs, we travelled with our 2yr old and he was made very welcome and they even warmed his bedtime milk for us. On Mothering Sunday I was greeted at breakfast by a posy of flowers to mark the day courtesy of Anne. We will certainly return when we are next in the Lake District.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend stayed at the hotel the first time he came to this area, so this review is on behalf of him:
"The lady at the hotel made me feel very welcome and gave me my own key to the bed and breakfast and showed me to my room which was very clean and had a nice relaxed homely feel to it, there was an on suite bathroom a large comfortable bed and a tv with a nice range of channels to watch, I enjoyed my stay at the bed and breakfast and it had a very nice family feel, the lady was very welcoming of my girlfriend coming round and made her feel very welcome even though she wasn't staying at the hotel, a great place and I would recommend to anyone!"

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Although I spent a lot of my childhood in the lakes, I'd never been to Staveley before - and what can I say? The area is lovely, it sits just outside of the now tourist heavy towns of Windermere, and is surrounded by fantastic walks and some great pubs.

Anne and Tony were incredibly welcoming. We stayed for three nights in the attic room, which, although has a low ceiling and steep steps, we were well notified of this prior to booking - you also get the sole use of the large bathroom on the first floor. Anne was fantastic, she made sure upon arrival that you knew everything you needed to, including the little quirks of the lovely old farmhouse B&B. As we arrived by public transport, she also provided us with a lift to the B&B and helped us throughout our stay with transport links and other helpful information.

The accomodation is very clean, comfortable and full of quirky farmhouse character. A full breakfast can be had each morning with cereals and toast and can be made to your requirements.

The whole stay was fabulous, and it definitely feels like a home away from home - I miss it already! We will definitely be back and I imagine it will be our regular haunt when in the Lake District.

Room Tip: If you have any difficulties with stairs, opt out of the attic room as they are a little steep
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gem G

Been to Li'le Hullets? Share your experiences!