“Excellent value”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ate here today whilst touring in the Lakes. It was good, clean excellent value and the staff are so friendly it was refreshing on every front.
I would recommend this as a place to stop off and enjoy good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Recently ate at the eagle and child as I was staying up in Ambleside, we wanted a change of scenery and ended up in the small but very lovely Staveley. I had the chicken, and my husband ate the lasagne. It was cooked to perfection. The staff were brilliant, I had two young waiters serving me. The bar staff were just as good. The two young female waiters, they were very polite, and helpful they made my evening very memorable. There were no negatives to my night. Brilliant, Ive already recommended to my friends and family.

1  Thank Aymz1970
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stopped off at this pub for a spot of lunch after reading about it in the Good Pub Guide. Going off first impressions it wasn't the friendliest of places we have visited and by this we don't mean the staff - It was relatively busy but there seemed to be a bit of an unfriendly atmosphere in one particular area of the pub possibly because we walked in with a dog in tow but this being a 'doggie friendly' pub wasn't sure what the problem was, perhaps we just arrived when a small number of Grumpy Diners had decided to have lunch out.

As we were hungry we chose to rise above the atmosphere and eat from the good value lunchtime offer £5.00 which had a choice of chicken curry, vegetarian pasta bake, meatballs & spaghetti, chicken and mushroom or ham & leek pie. Everything we ordered was fine and no complaints but can't say we will be rushing back.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Called in on the way back to Dickens Lodge in Limefitt park. Had a lovely walk through the village whilst we waited for them to start their food service (we did pitch up just after 11 )
We had a look in the beer garden which was pretty and peaceful overlooking the river.
Food ordered and arrived in 10-15minutes just time for us to sample two lovely beers and settle our 3 dogs.
The food was lovely I had a sausage sarnie which was top of the sausage sarnie league with an inspired side salad with green beans, olives and mini gherkins.
John had a ham sandwich agsin top of the ham sarnie league.
Well done will recommend and return soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Proper pub with decent food at a fair price - have to say they don't have much competition! Place was packed both times we visited and to be fair its a good place.