“Family fun italian cookery day”
Review of LucyCooks Cookery School - CLOSED

LucyCooks Cookery School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Lucy Cooks - a fabulous Cookery School situated in Staveley Mill Yard, near Kendal in Cumbria, The Lake District. It has a fresh and vibrant approach, where you will be inspired, educated and above all entertained!Whether you're 9 or 90, we offer a whole range of individual one day practical courses and distinctly different demonstrations, designed to suit everyone from novice to Nigella... a course for all reasons and all seasons!Food for thought...
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

Bought for us as a gift this was just a lovely day. My 9 year old was interested and busy throughout and Dale our chef tutor could not have been more helpful.
This is a great bonding day for parents and children with some new skills for all and great food to make to have at lunchtime then to bring home.

Date of experience: November 2016

Reviewed September 29, 2016

We - we being myself, sister & Mum - had a great day at Lucy Cooks 'Cumbrian' food course February 2015 for my sister's 5oth birthday. Fab environment with everything we could need - ingredients, equipment, recipes to take home and informative tuition to get us through the day. My Sister even had birthday cake complete with candle to enjoy while the group sang 'happy birthday'

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed August 25, 2016

Having visited Lucy's on a plate & Lucys bar previously and always having dropped into Lucy's grocery store when in the Lakes, I was delighted to receive a birthday gift voucher to visit the cookery school! But alas not to be....the transaction from start to finish was so poor...wrong voucher sent, then courses not listed, then promised I'd be sent details, didn't arrive.had to chase..finally booked on a demo and dine...booked a hotel to make a few days break and booked time off work..only to be emailed 6 days before telling us course was cancelled and could we rearrange! No consideration of having booked hotel, time off work or plans in place... & no offer of money back for voucher or compensation for inconvenience until I demanded money back for voucher. Needless to say.....very angry and very disappointing level of customer care and that was from Lucy herself. No reason to recommend, nothing positive about this experience and didn't even make it there!

Date of experience: August 2016
3  Thank MichelleH7171DH
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Been here twice in the past 4 years I guess.
Decided to do the mezze and tapas course. Welcoming start to the day, even thought I arrived early, nice cuppa coffee to start the day. Introduction from Lucy starts us off, introduction to the rest of the people on the course, then shown upstairs and after another excellent Introduction and history brief on Tapas, we were off on our course. All ingredients are fresh, the meat supplied was amazing, and so tender. Lunch which you cook yourself is supplied with wine, and pudding, with teas or coffee. Followed by the continued food experience again upstairs. Chef was amazing, so helpful, puts anyone at ease.
Anyone has any questions, please ask.
I will be back again next year, for another treat.

Date of experience: August 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed May 3, 2016

What a great night at LucyCooks! Eleven of us thoroughly enjoyed our bespoke demo and dine evening in the hands of Chef, Scott, and his lovely assistant Isabelle. And, with a very reasonable corkage charge we were able to bring along a good selection of wines to match the excellent food. Add to this a number of very useful culinary tips and you have the ingredients for a special night out! Thoroughly recommended.

Date of experience: April 2016