LucyCooks Cookery School - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Family fun italian cookery day

Bought for us as a gift this was just a lovely day. My 9 year old was interested and busy... read more

Reviewed November 5, 2016
Alison B
via mobile
We cooked up some 'Cumbrian' delights at Lucy Cooks

We - we being myself, sister & Mum - had a great day at Lucy Cooks 'Cumbrian' food course February... read more

Reviewed September 29, 2016
JulieKent_UK
Aylesford, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Been here twice in the past 4 years I guess.
Decided to do the mezze and tapas course. Welcoming start to the day, even thought I arrived early, nice cuppa coffee to start the day. Introduction from Lucy starts us off, introduction to the rest of the people on the course, then shown upstairs and after another excellent Introduction and history brief on Tapas, we were off on our course. All ingredients are fresh, the meat supplied was amazing, and so tender. Lunch which you cook yourself is supplied with wine, and pudding, with teas or coffee. Followed by the continued food experience again upstairs. Chef was amazing, so helpful, puts anyone at ease.
Anyone has any questions, please ask.
I will be back again next year, for another treat.

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed May 3, 2016

What a great night at LucyCooks! Eleven of us thoroughly enjoyed our bespoke demo and dine evening in the hands of Chef, Scott, and his lovely assistant Isabelle. And, with a very reasonable corkage charge we were able to bring along a good selection of wines to match the excellent food. Add to this a number of very useful culinary tips and you have the ingredients for a special night out! Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

The British Bake Off was a gift for myself and sister-in-law. I was very worried about this course as I thought it would be too serious as it said we may be marked on our eats!!We were welcomed in the reception by a lovely lady,who showed us where the lockers and toilets were and took us through to the welcoming room for coffee. Well I had the best day Thankyou.Katie&I had a 'kitchen' next to each other which made it more fun.The others on the group came from all over too and enjoyed themselves.
Our Chef was Drew and he had help from Chef Scott.
Drew started with demonstrating the 'Spiced Parsnip Cake' and then it was our turn.All the ingredients for each dish are weighed out and ready for you on your work station which takes a lot of stress away,well it did from me!!Then we made Choux Pastry for profiteroles or eclairs, a Rich Chocolate Ganache Tart with Salted Caramel( yummy) and finished with Macarons.We did not stop, apart from lunch.The Chefs had made us lamb served with a mash,green beans and a jus.We had wine to drink too.It was nice to sit around the table and talk to the other guests.
Thankyou to the whole team for an enjoyable baking day.We will be considering doing another course in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

Well who would have guessed, novice to cake baker in a day. A well structured easy to follow day, introduction to baking. Our chef Drew aided by Scott provided an informative insight into baking techniques. And we get to share the produce with family and friends.

Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

Just finished a great day cooking at LucyCooks with a Taste of the Lakes. Can't believe how much food my sis and I have brought home, just as well we have a house full of hungry boys! Star of the show was the Rum Nicky - wickedly indulgent tart with the best pastry ever. Our finished article looked perfect - all down to the friendly tuition and fantastic facilities. I'd thoroughly recommend a day here if you fancy learning new stuff and indulging yourself with gorgeous food.