“Fantastic Bake Day”
Review of LucyCooks Cookery School - CLOSED

LucyCooks Cookery School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Lucy Cooks - a fabulous Cookery School situated in Staveley Mill Yard, near Kendal in Cumbria, The Lake District. It has a fresh and vibrant approach, where you will be inspired, educated and above all entertained!Whether you're 9 or 90, we offer a whole range of individual one day practical courses and distinctly different demonstrations, designed to suit everyone from novice to Nigella... a course for all reasons and all seasons!Food for thought...
Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

Well who would have guessed, novice to cake baker in a day. A well structured easy to follow day, introduction to baking. Our chef Drew aided by Scott provided an informative insight into baking techniques. And we get to share the produce with family and friends.

Date of experience: April 2016

Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

Just finished a great day cooking at LucyCooks with a Taste of the Lakes. Can't believe how much food my sis and I have brought home, just as well we have a house full of hungry boys! Star of the show was the Rum Nicky - wickedly indulgent tart with the best pastry ever. Our finished article looked perfect - all down to the friendly tuition and fantastic facilities. I'd thoroughly recommend a day here if you fancy learning new stuff and indulging yourself with gorgeous food.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed April 1, 2016

I was bought a Thai cookery day as a gift so had no idea what to expect. The whole experience was exceptional. On arrival, I was greeted warmly and made to feel very welcome. I was shown into the dining room where hot drinks and home made scones were waiting. Once all the day's participants had arrived our chef took us through the format of the day and we were off to the kitchens. It was a full day, during which we watched a demonstration of the preparation of a dish and went off to emulate it ourselves. All the ingredients were ready for us and we each had our own kitchen to work in. The chef walked round offering advice and encouragement.
Lunch time was lovely. We made our own lunch, as you would expect, and this was accompanied by wine and a pudding provided by the venue. At the end of the day you pack your food up into your own tubs and take it home with you.
Don't expect this to be a 'put your feet up' kind of a day. This is proper cooking in a proper kitchen and includes cleaning down and washing up. For me, this was as it should be but I know some people don't believe they should have to tidy up. I'm not sure why not, as this is part of the whole feel of working and cooking in a 'real' kitchen.
Overall, a tremendous day. Would highly recommend to anyone with even a modicum of interest in cooking.

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic day, we made lots of wonderful sweet treats and had a great day. We were really spoilt with homemade pastries when we arrived, an amazing lunch cooked by the chef and we got to take home lots of food. Can recommend it, this was our second time and we hope to go again. My daughter, aged 12, had loads of fun and learnt lots, it was great for building her confidence.

Date of experience: March 2016