“Great Place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of LucyCooks Cookery School - CLOSED

LucyCooks Cookery School
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Lucy Cooks - a fabulous Cookery School situated in Staveley Mill Yard, near Kendal in Cumbria, The Lake District. It has a fresh and vibrant approach, where you will be inspired, educated and above all entertained!Whether you're 9 or 90, we offer a whole range of individual one day practical courses and distinctly different demonstrations, designed to suit everyone from novice to Nigella... a course for all reasons and all seasons!Food for thought...
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

My daughter of 9 and I often go to LucyCooks when we are over in the Lake District on holiday. It is usually our favourite day as its fun, you get to meet lots of lovely folk and make lots of yummy food of course. We would both highly recommend it and have been about five times now.

Visited August 2013

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Lucycooks cookery school Thermomix Demonstration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I attended a Thermomix demonstration by Betty Baxter at Lucycooks cookery school.
It was free and really enjoyable with lovely food to taste. What an amazing machine that
can transform your cookery.
Whilst at the demo Betty showed me around Lucycooks and what an amazing place.
A real surprise when i walked into the Staveley Mill area.
I felt like I was on the set for Masterchef ! I am really looking forward to trying one of
Lucy's cookery courses.
Lesley K

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Lesley K
Lancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great experience, lovely setting, excellent tutor, learnt lots”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Husband bought me a voucher for the specialty bread course for Christmas. I went in August and the course exceeded my expectations. Anna greeted me on arrival and made me feel welcome. We had coffee and cakes whilst waiting for everyone to arrive. Tim, our course tutor then explained the plan for the day, got a sense of everyone's skills and expectations. During the day he made sure the course was delivering what everyone needed. The balance of demos and practical hands on learning and doing was great.
We made four different breads that required different techniques so learnt lots of new processes. Tim explained everything clearly, answered a continuous stream of questions with good humour and gave us lots of tips. A very knowledgeable and approachable chef.
The classroom is bright and well equipped and all the ingredients needed were provided.
I took home a massive pile of bread which made me very popular with my family!
Have since baked two loaves at home which turned out perfectly so the course definitely improved my technique. Great experience I highly recommend it!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank RaineyLancashire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Friendly people and useful stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went for a one day pies & pastry course.

Pleasant and helpful guidance, would have liked a little bit more assistance when I was flapping about my desert pastry but I think overall the chef (Tim) struck exactly the right balance between you figuring out what to do and him helping you.

Facilities were excellent and I would recommend the experience.

Visited July 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Taste of Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Would highly recommend LucyCooks after a lovely weekend learning Italian dishes as a surprize birthday gift from my partner. Lovely inside and nicely set up with a seperate room to dine inbetween cooking attempts with great dishes from the chef! Tim was brilliant with his tips for all the recipes and made sure everyone was ok, including helping out when I got behind so that I could sit and watch the next demo. On the day we were all given a printed book with all the recipes and methods and mines absolutely drowning in notes and scribbles already with all the tips and recommendations which were a great help! We were taught an Italian flatbread as a demo and then spent the day making gorgeous lamb chumps with capponata and gnocci, ricotta slices and attempting fresh pasta. Mike also helped in using up the rest of my pasta dough when the next demo was on so I had more goodies to take home which was really appreciated as I still had some left from trying to make different pasta parcels with ravioli and tortellini shapes. Both Tim and Mike were very friendly and I found they were always very willing to help and give advice when needed/requested! Took home an actual giant BOX of food and have been enjoying tea every day since for some really special tasting meals..great for foodies who want to learn a new speciality or just for anyone wanting some great meal ideas for their favourite cusine starting from scratch! Had a full day of cheffing and really enjoyed it..so much so that I got a pasta machine straight away and special 00 flour the day after haha. Tim really knows his stuff and delivers it really well and makes the day fun! Even after the cooking day Tim has been happy to help with questions I've had with recipes which has been HUGELY appreciated and shows the brilliant service and what a great team they are! Thank you all! I think my partner is very pleased with his gift choice too as he said he would pay full price in a resturant to get the dinners I made from the Italian day after being told how good it tasted inbetween each mouthful haha. Loved the day and anyone who likes cooking should certainly love it here!! As Mr D'Acampo would say (haha) FANTASTICO! :-)

Visited July 2013