LucyCooks Cookery School - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Family fun italian cookery day

Bought for us as a gift this was just a lovely day. My 9 year old was interested and busy... read more

Reviewed November 5, 2016
Alison B
via mobile
We cooked up some 'Cumbrian' delights at Lucy Cooks

We - we being myself, sister & Mum - had a great day at Lucy Cooks 'Cumbrian' food course February... read more

Reviewed September 29, 2016
JulieKent_UK
Aylesford, United Kingdom

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I attended a one day baking course., The course is well organised with excellent tuition from Tim. Having never baked before I thought I would struggle to produce anything edible.The course started at 9.30 and finished at approx4.30.It was certainly an action packed day but vey enjoyable. I had bought my wife a voucher for the course as a Xmas present .For any man struggling for ideas at Xmas heres one solution. Enjoyed the day .thanks again Tim

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank lewisscott
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We attended a family cookery course with two adults and two children ( daughter aged 12 & son aged 14). Despite an age range of children from 5-14 plus adults, Tim ( the tutor) kept everybody busy, entertained and learning something new. In adult/ child pairs we cooked a carrot cake, quasidillos and breaded chicken and popcorn. We made our lunch and dinner with loads left over but were given tips on freezing surplus. The facilities are excellent - you can choose a hob type similar to what you use at home. There is loads of light, space and a good soundtrack in the background (my 14 year old told his dad not to dance). The children were completely engaged with a clever choice of menu which gave everyone something to do and as a keen cook I still learned loads and am inspired to develop the recipes especially the spicy popcorn!
I would completely recommend this and will visit again.

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My second visit to the cookery school but first of many to their evening meal event. We were met in the beautiful reception area and welcomed with complimentary cocktails...a good start..we had been given thus as a gift so didn't really know what to expect from the evening. What followed was a fantastic evening spent with three other couples and a group of four celebrating a birthday. We receive d.demonstrations of all three courses we ate, delicious food, great company and a thouraghly enjoyable evening.

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I attended the canapes course at LucyCooks. What a great day! Tim was our tutor for the day and amongst other things he taught us how to make savoury eclairs and i never knew cucumbers could be so interesting!! (greek salad roulade).

The one downside is i am now addicted to French Maccaroons!

I would recommend this course to anyone and i ca't complement the school enough. Not to forget Tim whose skill and wit made the day so memorable!!

Fantastic

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank Chris G
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have been a member of Lucy Cooks for the last 12 months (a gift from my husband for Christmas 2012). Membership gives you 20 vouchers to use (1 voucher per course). I have had an amazing 12 months learning new skills and honing existing ones. The hints and tips are so useful and Tim, Anna and the rest of the team provide an experience that is second to none! I wish I had wrote a review for all the courses individually but to be honest they would all have been the same ............... Excellent!! I can't pick out a favourite as they are all so varied. The setting and the set up are superb and every day is as friendly and informal as the last - no 'masterchef' judging here. You each get to cook individually so are not paired up and you take home all the food you cook - which is a lot of food! I live locally so the membership was easy for me to use fully - however couples can share a membership and you can also let other people use the vouchers so can give them as gifts! Thank you Tim and Anna for a wonderful time - no doubt I will be back.

Date of experience: March 2013