LucyCooks Cookery School - CLOSED
Review Highlights
Family fun italian cookery day

Reviewed November 5, 2016
Alison B
via mobile
We cooked up some 'Cumbrian' delights at Lucy Cooks

Reviewed September 29, 2016
JulieKent_UK
Kent, UK

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 5, 2016 via mobile

Bought for us as a gift this was just a lovely day. My 9 year old was interested and busy throughout and Dale our chef tutor could not have been more helpful.
This is a great bonding day for parents and children with some new skills for all and great food to make to have at lunchtime then to bring home.

Reviewed September 29, 2016

We - we being myself, sister & Mum - had a great day at Lucy Cooks 'Cumbrian' food course February 2015 for my sister's 5oth birthday. Fab environment with everything we could need - ingredients, equipment, recipes to take home and informative tuition to get us through the day. My Sister even had birthday cake complete with candle to enjoy while the group sang 'happy birthday'

Reviewed August 25, 2016

Having visited Lucy's on a plate & Lucys bar previously and always having dropped into Lucy's grocery store when in the Lakes, I was delighted to receive a birthday gift voucher to visit the cookery school! But alas not to be....the transaction from start to finish was so poor...wrong voucher sent, then courses not listed, then promised I'd be sent details, didn't arrive.had to chase..finally booked on a demo and dine...booked a hotel to make a few days break and booked time off work..only to be emailed 6 days before telling us course was cancelled and could we rearrange! No consideration of having booked hotel, time off work or plans in place... & no offer of money back for voucher or compensation for inconvenience until I demanded money back for voucher. Needless to say.....very angry and very disappointing level of customer care and that was from Lucy herself. No reason to recommend, nothing positive about this experience and didn't even make it there!

3  Thank MichelleH7171DH
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Been here twice in the past 4 years I guess.
Decided to do the mezze and tapas course. Welcoming start to the day, even thought I arrived early, nice cuppa coffee to start the day. Introduction from Lucy starts us off, introduction to the rest of the people on the course, then shown upstairs and after another excellent Introduction and history brief on Tapas, we were off on our course. All ingredients are fresh, the meat supplied was amazing, and so tender. Lunch which you cook yourself is supplied with wine, and pudding, with teas or coffee. Followed by the continued food experience again upstairs. Chef was amazing, so helpful, puts anyone at ease.
Anyone has any questions, please ask.
I will be back again next year, for another treat.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

What a great night at LucyCooks! Eleven of us thoroughly enjoyed our bespoke demo and dine evening in the hands of Chef, Scott, and his lovely assistant Isabelle. And, with a very reasonable corkage charge we were able to bring along a good selection of wines to match the excellent food. Add to this a number of very useful culinary tips and you have the ingredients for a special night out! Thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

The British Bake Off was a gift for myself and sister-in-law. I was very worried about this course as I thought it would be too serious as it said we may be marked on our eats!!We were welcomed in the reception by a lovely lady,who showed us where the lockers and toilets were and took us through to the welcoming room for coffee. Well I had the best day Thankyou.Katie&I had a 'kitchen' next to each other which made it more fun.The others on the group came from all over too and enjoyed themselves.
Our Chef was Drew and he had help from Chef Scott.
Drew started with demonstrating the 'Spiced Parsnip Cake' and then it was our turn.All the ingredients for each dish are weighed out and ready for you on your work station which takes a lot of stress away,well it did from me!!Then we made Choux Pastry for profiteroles or eclairs, a Rich Chocolate Ganache Tart with Salted Caramel( yummy) and finished with Macarons.We did not stop, apart from lunch.The Chefs had made us lamb served with a mash,green beans and a jus.We had wine to drink too.It was nice to sit around the table and talk to the other guests.
Thankyou to the whole team for an enjoyable baking day.We will be considering doing another course in the future.

Reviewed April 3, 2016 via mobile

Well who would have guessed, novice to cake baker in a day. A well structured easy to follow day, introduction to baking. Our chef Drew aided by Scott provided an informative insight into baking techniques. And we get to share the produce with family and friends.

Reviewed April 1, 2016 via mobile

Just finished a great day cooking at LucyCooks with a Taste of the Lakes. Can't believe how much food my sis and I have brought home, just as well we have a house full of hungry boys! Star of the show was the Rum Nicky - wickedly indulgent tart with the best pastry ever. Our finished article looked perfect - all down to the friendly tuition and fantastic facilities. I'd thoroughly recommend a day here if you fancy learning new stuff and indulging yourself with gorgeous food.

Reviewed April 1, 2016

I was bought a Thai cookery day as a gift so had no idea what to expect. The whole experience was exceptional. On arrival, I was greeted warmly and made to feel very welcome. I was shown into the dining room where hot drinks and home made scones were waiting. Once all the day's participants had arrived our chef took us through the format of the day and we were off to the kitchens. It was a full day, during which we watched a demonstration of the preparation of a dish and went off to emulate it ourselves. All the ingredients were ready for us and we each had our own kitchen to work in. The chef walked round offering advice and encouragement.
Lunch time was lovely. We made our own lunch, as you would expect, and this was accompanied by wine and a pudding provided by the venue. At the end of the day you pack your food up into your own tubs and take it home with you.
Don't expect this to be a 'put your feet up' kind of a day. This is proper cooking in a proper kitchen and includes cleaning down and washing up. For me, this was as it should be but I know some people don't believe they should have to tidy up. I'm not sure why not, as this is part of the whole feel of working and cooking in a 'real' kitchen.
Overall, a tremendous day. Would highly recommend to anyone with even a modicum of interest in cooking.

Reviewed March 28, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic day, we made lots of wonderful sweet treats and had a great day. We were really spoilt with homemade pastries when we arrived, an amazing lunch cooked by the chef and we got to take home lots of food. Can recommend it, this was our second time and we hope to go again. My daughter, aged 12, had loads of fun and learnt lots, it was great for building her confidence.