“Farmhouse in beautiful setting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedbergh
Bramaskew Farmhouse Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 12 Sedbergh B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The road to Bramaskew from nearby Sedbergh takes you through beautiful wooded fells dotted with drystone walls , old railway bridges, farmhouses, and sheep - at one point you are encircled by the hills. Then you arrive at the farmhouse - a busy place, under repair outside by James at the time of our visit, which seemed to emphasise the self-reliance and competence of these farming people. Janet provides a very friendly welcome and a great breakfast (and I am fussy) - proper cafetiere, good quality sausages, her own eggs and everything timed perfectly. We also had a tasty dinner (roast pork with veg, followed by fruit crumble and other choices) at a very reasonable £12 each. The harmonious extension on to the original farmhouse provides comfortable guest bedrooms with great views, family atmosphere in the house. Janet is also obviously a good gardener as flowerbeds still pretty. We recommend and hope to go back ourselves.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EGDM

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Janet and James gave us a warm welcome after a long and rainy walk from Dent on the Dales Way. Stuffed our wet boots with newspapers and set them by the fire. Hot shower, great accommodations and delicious home-cooked meals. Stayed for two nights, learned about sheep, "know your sheep!" James sorted out directions for our next day's route. Thanks for one of the high points of our walk. Lyn

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the Bramaskew B&B for one night during a Dales Way walking trip. After a very warm welcome from Janet we were shown our room - very spacious, large bed, TV & wifi etc etc, and with fabulous views over the surrounding countryside. Supper was really tasty, and very good value. We were made to feel very welcome throughout our visit and wouldn't hesitate to return when next in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this fabulous farm house B&B whilst walking the dales way. It is right on the route, 2 miles outside of Sedburgh. If you want to go into Sedburgh, a family member will taxi you in or pick you up. Alternatively you can eat there. We went into Sedburgh but if breakfast is anything to go by, dinner would be first class. Janet, her husband and girls gave us such a warm welcome- we sat in the sunshine in their beautiful garden on arrival looking at the stunning view and guzzling juice kindly offered by Janet. Most welcome after a long walk! The room was spacious, clean, comfy with a superb shower, products, everything you could ask for and for the money, I would say, far more than I would expect. We has a real laugh with the family and will certainly return to either their B&B or their self catering two bedrooms cottage which is also a complete bargain. Our best nights stay on the Dales Way and our cheapest. A no brainier.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here my first night in England so that may have influenced my experience. To get to Bramaskew you have to go on a road so narrow that if you meet another car someone has to back up! The scenery was fantastic. This is clearly a private home where they rent a couple of rooms out. To be honest I found Janet more matter of fact than friendly-I stayed there July 20, which is the height of tourist season, so perhaps this made a difference. I had a brief talk with the farmer, since I had worked on farms in the US, and I learned a lot. Dinner was good but a little awkward for me. The family was having a barbeque on the front porch with some friends while I had dinner in an adjoining room. It didn't feel too homelike....I felt clearly like an outsider, and I had to wait awkwardly at the table between courses. (in fact I went up to my room after awhile). Had i realized that situation I would have had dinner in town. My experiences in pubs in Yorkshire was invariably welcoming and inclusive, far more than I would have thought. I am not really complaining, just including this info because this is the way I reacted to the situation...maybe it's just me. The next morning after breakfast (also very good) I did have a bit of a chat with Janet and felt like I had made more connection. The room was fine, and yes the shower very good. And i did like the fact that I could talk with real farmers and was on a genuine working farm.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank OrenRose
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed at Bramaskew on June 4th while walking the Dales Way. This is one of the best B&B's I've stayed at, from the friendly welcome, the facilities and the lovely dinner. The room was spacious and very clean. The views of the Howgills from the bedroom window were spectacular, and fresh farm eggs at breakfast was a bonus.
If you plan on walking the Dales Way, or will just be in the area, I would highly recommend a stay at Bramaskew.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LondonCitywalker
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We have had lots of good places in this holiday however Bramaskew is truly fantastic. The setting is idyllic, especially on a sunny evening. Janet is genuinely welcoming and helpful. The rooms are well equipped and very comfortable.
Because the location is remote you'll want the evening meal, which was gorgeous. We had roast lamb, and the lamb was reared on the farm. Breakfast and the packed lunch were both fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2013