“Very Impressive”

Dining options: Reservations
Preston
“Very Impressive”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I can't praise the strands enough. As a keen homebrewer, I popped in to have a look around the Brewery, 7 hours later after sampling all of their excellent quality ales all enthusiastically being described by the brewer Dick and owner Mark and enjoying a great meal I went away looking forward to my next visit. If you are in the area then I strongly advise calling in. Picked up some great tips for my own brews too!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“You will not be disappointed”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is one of the Lake Districts Hidden Gems, Mark and Lesley run an amazing Inn. The Food the Beer the Service is first rate. The Bed rooms are comfortable and spotless.

I had the Sirlion Steak, Sticky Toffee Pudding and washed with Ermmm. Next Morning could only manage the half full breakfast. See if you can can eat a full one.

• Visited January 2013
Nottinghamshire
“A Real Gem.”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I have drunk lots of beer here and eaten very nice food, check out the pie :-)
Mark and Lesley have a smashing place here, and Dick the brewer makes fine ales. We visit when we are staying in Wasdale or Eskdale, and Mark alwas has the time to show us additions to his microbrewery. My favourite is the Green Bullet ale, the hoppiest, bitterest beer I have ever had.
Top place.

Wasdale Head, United Kingdom
“Excellent Real Ale and Food,”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Welcoming, warm and friendly, This is a fantastic hotel and micro brewery that produces a wide range of really good Real Ales!!!! and Excellent food.

Visited January 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Sunday Roast and home brewed ale”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We had Sunday lunch at the Strands Inn last week on a day trip to Wast Water and it was fabulous, the beef was cooked medium to perfection and there was so much food for only £11 for two courses, there was no way we could eat three courses but that was only an extra pound.

The owner showed my hubby round their own microbrewery and he bought 12 bottles for £24 to take home.

Th pub is very dog friendly with lovely roaring fires.

Wish we lived closer!!