“Not worth calling in.”

Dining options: Reservations
Penrith, England, United Kingdom
“Not worth calling in.”
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I would not recommend this place after our visit, we had to wait 40minutes for the meal to arrive and when it came the roast beef dinner was not cooked properly, the roast potatoes where hard in the middle Yorkshire pudding was soggy the meat was tough, the fish pie was like slops. We complained about the meals and they refunded us. The next day my partner was ill. We won't be going there again.

1 Thank Andyhunter273

Milnthorpe, United Kingdom
“Food is average, service not great”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

We don't live far from Milnthorpe and this was the first pub we visited when we moved to the area a year or so ago. We have eaten here 3 or 4 times, but have stopped frequenting the pub because we have not had very much luck in dealing with the pub manager. The last straw for us was when he refused to serve my husband a fresh salad with his lamb Henri instead of the cooked (too cooked) vegetables, saying that one didn't eat salad with lamb. Not too customer-focused!!

Visited October 2011
Barrow In Furness
“Service what service?”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Food was under cooked, raw! and the service was shocking, with no comprehension of customer satisfaction or rights, I,e you don't have to pay for it if it can't be eaten

Visited September 2012
North Wales Ewloe
“Good food, friendly service and good meal deal nights”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My partner and I have used this pub for eating now on 3 occasions and each time we come we try something different off the menu. All food we have had to date has been good and we have even recommended it to a freind staying in carrnforth who tried it also and liked it. We always sit in the bar area but there is a separate restaurant if you want to sit in there. There is a good choice of ales and drinks. Medium menu prices not cheap but not over the top either. Had the steak special with a glass of wine for £10.95 ?? (I think) and my partner had gammon.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank tigger22
Kendal
“Menu *a bit* of a minefield. Won't be back.”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The prices on the mains were good..but sadly the taste didn’t really amount to what it cost, I doubt I would complain if that lasagna had been £6 or £6.50, but taste wise that was all it was worth. Too much 'bought in' nonsense. their claim on “freshly prepared” whatever they mean by that is questionable as reflected in the brie starter, the potatoes (see picture, they're laughable), the lasagna, the children’s pasta *though that really doesn’t matter, it was a good price and they don’t know the difference) and potentially the veg too. Some items well priced whilst other overpriced, most food bought-in whilst simultaneously claiming its fresh” Perhaps best summed up by “Menu a bit of a minefield”
I’m frustrated that I didn’t try the Aubergine bake..by the looks of things that one may not have been 'bought in' and just *might* have been created on site! Will I get to come back and try it? I’m really not sure as my wife wasn’t at all impressed..with just one effective veggie starter (seeing as the veggie options all come with the other starter) that was massively overpriced, and I bet my bottom dollar that the cannelloni is also bought in; leads me to think that we probably won’t be back.

• Visited April 2012