“Very disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Called with a friend for a meal, but very disappointed, after reading positive reviews, found the vegetarian choices disappointing, and as someone else mentioned was horrified at foie gras being on the menu, this is really cruel food and would not consider returning whilst this was on the menu. All in all I found the experience a huge let down, and the restaurant itself lacked any ambience or atmosphere, more ostentatious than genuine, and the service could have been better. Would be reluctant to recommend on the basis of this experience, and certainly not until the menu has been reconsidered.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Sandra B

• Hebrew first
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“WICC”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Five of us ate here and enjoyed every minute.The staff were wonderfully welcoming and the ambience was very relaxed and comfortable.We found the food to be delicious,well presented and generous and a bottle of prosecco was fairly priced.Very impressed.

Visited April 2013
“Brilliant. Can't wait until April”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went in for a meal last night with my girlfriend, and neither of us were disappointed. I had the beef starter and my girlfriend had the soup. We both really enjoyed both of them, for mains I had the venison and my girlfriend had the duck. I have never eaten venison so perfectly cooked. It was heaven on a plate, all of the flavours just worked so well together! Wen asking for desert menu's, we were given pieces of paper and we said that they should put them into the main menu, however the waiter said that they have just recently updated the desert menu, and the entire menu will be changing in april so it will all come in one menu. I couldn't resist the new desert menu, we chose a sticky toffee pudding to share as we were both quite full because the food was so generously portioned, but we weren't complaining! The staff were very welcoming, attentive and very friendly, the service was excellent. We will definitely be returning there again specially in april when their new menu comes out.

Cheshire
“Lovely find in Milnthorpe”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Visiting friends close to Kendal they suggested this restaurant, which our friend booked for Saturday evening. They told us they were heavily booked but could fit us in at 6 which was fine. On arrival we were shown to our table upstairs which was empty. Within a short time the place started filling up. Our meals were beautifully presented and all delicious! We opted for shared nibbles rather than starters, which proved to be a good idea as when the main course arrived they were generously portioned, with the addition of a bowl of fresh veg to share. My duck was delicious as was my husbands pork belly. My friend and I opted for pannacotta with Turkish delight ice cream. Whilst pleasant it was not the best pannacotta I have eaten. Pannacotta means cooked cream however the desert was more like a blancmange and a little grainy, however the ice cream and pieces of Turkish delight were delicious. We mentioned to the waitress that we thought that the desert was not really what we expected, although we both ate it? After telling us she would mention to the chef, we were ready to leave. On getting the bill, we saw that both deserts had been deducted from the bill, which was not what we were expecting. This didn't spoil the evening. The place is stylish and spacious and when we left at 8 was full and buzzing. Goods children's menu also

• Visited March 2013
York
“Splendid!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This was a second visit and this surpassed the first. Great atmosphere, cheery staff and the food was superb.

The lamb was delicious and so tender-melt in your mouth stuff.

We thought it was excellent value too for the high standard of food.

We look forward to our third visit!

1 Thank thesmithsYork