“Very good”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My daughter and I have been here on a number of times and the food was nice there was plenty on your plate and it was hot .In fact we are going again in the next day or so.Cannot wait ..

19  Thank Barrow123

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our recent trip to Cumbria March this year. As a big fan of chinese cuisine, my girlfriend & I have tried a few local chinese restaurant in Cumbria during our trip and have to admit that we both quite disappointed with some of the food that they are actually serving in some restaurant.

One evening when we were wondering around in Milnthrope and I was immediately attracted by the smells which came out from the Canton chef's kitchen and decided to duck in for dinner and my gosh!! that was the best meal we had during our trip.

Having said that Canton chef doesnt have an over the top interior design or a big neon-lit billboard outside their restaurant but this low key restaurant severs once seriously good yet affortable real chinese food. And they are very generous with their portion too.
It reminds me very much so of the chinese reataurant in Hong Kong.

It was a great dinning experience and certainly didnt expect such a real taste of chinese food in this small populated town.

Dont judge a book by its cover, this place ll not disappoint you.

18  Thank keiranstrong
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We come here every week for a take away and it is without doubt the best. Anybody that thinks otherwise is obviously used to the MSG ridden disgusting takeaways that is unfortunately all too common. The staff are all accomodating which is useful espeially as I am allergic to gluten. The prices are very cheap and the food is definately the best in the area.

Wayne

26  Thank Wayne571
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We are local and have been using this takeaway almost every week for two years. It's MSG-free which is great as you can taste the food properly! Supporting local businesses is essential but it helps if the food is as good. Very kind and friendly staff as well. The prices are very cheap as well - if people think the decor should be smarter then perhaps they will pay more! I am always surprised to get so many king prawns in the dishes.

26  Thank janeC346
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My family usually go to Canton Chef whenever we come back to see our parents in Arnside. Their food is excellent and is better than our favourite chinese restaurant in China Town London.
If you want to taste good Chinese food and not the English style chinese food which are cooked with a lot of flavour enhancers to produce the taste like a cup of instant noodles, go and eat there.

27  Thank Katy3486