“Good Food in A Buzzy Atmosphere”
Review of The Swan Inn

The Swan Inn
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Paris, France
“Good Food in A Buzzy Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We ate here twice when we stayed close by. The pub food was good quality although pricey when compared to other places we had eaten at in the area. Still it was worth it for the food, atmosphere and interesting people watching opportunities. Boaties, wedding guests, families and day trippers all added to the unique feel of the place. Both the restaurant and the bar were good choices.

Visited July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Slightly disappointed”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed here for one night as a surprise xmas present off my boyfriend. As we arrived we were amazing by the hotel lovely decor, beautiful and clean. However we were shocked by the amount of children running around. Thought the hotel would be much more peaceful. We checked in with no problems and went to our room. Delux double (we requested river facing room however got a view of the car park) room was spacious and well decorated however there was still a bag of rubbish left by the door. We shortly left the room to go to the bar for a coffee and cake, there was no where to sit so had to return to our room. We attended dinner in the river room. The food was outstanding worth the price!!! However service was very poor sat for 15 minutes before someone took our drink order. No one checked on us throught the meal had to call a waitress over when we required more drinks. Also the restraunt is very cramped and we were sat so close to another couple we might aswell shared their table. Despite all this we had a lovely stay. The winner was breakfast cooked to order and service was fab. Not sure we would stay here again but will be definately visiting for lunch in summer.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank natnat137
London, United Kingdom
“Long wait / poor experience ”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I ate at the Swan today with my family. We were originally going to eat at the Derby Arms in Witherslack but a power cut meant we had to have a rethink. We decided on the Swan as we have eaten there before and the food is usually of a good standard if not a bit pricey. Unfortunately this time our experience wasn't good. Ok it was busy and I guess that goes some way to excusing the 45 minute wait for the food to come out. However what I find hard to excuse is it took 15 - 20 mins from the first person's food to the last persons to come out and we only ordered 5 mains. This meant I had finished by the time my wife was served and she ended up leaving half her food as the kids were fed up with sitting at the table for over an hour. The specials board had a BLT on it but really someone should have written un in front of special. If a slice of bread, bacon and half a pack of pre-packed salad is special then I really need to stop going out to eat or open my own restaurant as I serve better BLT's at home. The rest of the food was decidedly average served with cold soggy chips with the exception of the Lamb cutlets which my step father couldn't fault. One of the most annoying things is I have eaten at the Swan more than 10 times before and I know they can do a lot better. Unfortunately I probably won't eat there again now given the choice of great places to eat in the area.

1 Thank LakesLondon
“Just love it”
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Lakes for a week in April 2013. We didn't actually stay at the Swan but nearby, with a pass to the Swan's spa facilities. We also ate at the Swan most days. We had Sunday lunch in their formal restaurant - expensive but so worth it. The food was great, the service was great, the decor was beautiful, the spa facilities small but clean and very relaxing and the whole place has a lovely feel to it. It is a great place to bring children too. There's an indoor playroom, outdoor playground and a nature trail to keep them occupied, as well as the swimming pool. I've stayed in many hotels in my life - and some very expensive ones - but none I have ever liked as much as the Swan.

• Visited April 2013
Stoke
“Lovely hotel”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Had to pass The Swan on the way so we decided to pop in for dinner. The staff were lovely and made our grandchild very welcome. We had a lovely meal, not exceptional, but it was a very nice place, very unusual. Had a peep at the pool, quite ordinary, so we would prefer not to stay overnight as the Lakeside Hotel was fantastic and a similar price.

• Visited November 2013