1,117 results
All reviews the dolly blue bar the river groupon deal riverside restaurant executive room leisure club white water hot stone massage lounge bar leisure centre afternoon tea spa facilities four poster motor museum lovely hotel evening meal steam room
Reviewed July 14, 2017

I stayed here last year (June 2016) with my children and parents.
This place has some stunning views , rooms are really comfortable, clean and spacious.
The staff are super friendly and the food is fabulous.

I would definitely recommend this place to everyone

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HRGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

Dear Faye,
Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent visit to the Whitewater Hotel. It gives me great pleasure to read that all aspects of your stay were exceptional and that your experience was a memorable one. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.
As a thank you gesture, if you have any future booking requirement, kindly contact the hotel direct and quote your TA pseudonym, from which we will be able to apply the most competitive rate.
Guest relations at WWH

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

This break was found via Travelzoo and was good value. A long way for us to drive for two nights but well worth it as we both thoroughly enjoyed the visit.
The hotel itself is situated by the river and we found no fault with anything. All staff are so friendly and helpful and more than happy to chat for a while , without us distracting them too much from their daily activities.
The room was in very good condition and a lovely size. Sadly we didn't have a river view and because of its position could only see roofing tiles but that spoilt nothing.
Our package included our first evening meal in the restaurant and we enjoyed it so much we ate there the following night too. Lovely food, very good service and again a friendly attitude.
We particularly liked the Dolly Blue bar and the fact that we were able to sit by the side of the river with our drinks. This could be accessed either from inside the hotel or from the gardens via a spiral staircase.
We didn't make use of the leisure facilities as it's not our thing but others did, we were happier walking around the area and enjoying our surroundings.
A perfect base for visiting the lakes and we spent the whole day doing so on our first complete day.
We will definitely return someday soon to the same hotel and visit more of this beautiful district.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HRGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2017

Dear Lynn,
Thank you for taking the time to write following your recent visit to Whitewater Hotel, Spa and Leisure Club. It gives me great pleasure to read that all aspects of your stay were exceptional and that your experience was a memorable one. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.
The WW Hotel team

Reviewed July 11, 2017

I booked a week away as a much needed rest for myself and partner and because of our busy work schedule a spa hotel was the perfect lure to the Lakes. The hotel itself is beautiful, the history of the old mill which it used to be is informative and seeing the old pieces of industry as memorial statues a fitting epitaph. However the staff seemed lack lustre, a few truly didn't know what a good morning or evening actually was, so the personal customer service was a let down and it didn't get better through out our five days. The breakfast is basic but good, however at times the staff weren't there, or took a long time to actually serve. We in the end put it down to not being the individuals fault but lack of training. The food was excellent and we dined on several occasions via the bar menu, however on the 2nd night when we plumed for the bar for our evening meal, it was quite a confusing beginning to our night as we were lured by the mid week special offer which also included a drink, wine-beer etc, however when we ordered the 3 bar staff kept informing us this special wasn't available, it was when we pointed it out on the menu that they took the order, but then raced around looking for a senior member of staff to confirm...to like it to faulty towers cruel, but similarities to Monty python yes....Don't get me wrong some of the staff were excellent, but like other reviewers the bathroom in our suite was lacking and a bit grubby, which is strange as the cleaners spent a great deal of time preparing our room for our return with lovely towels, made beds and triangles in our toilet roll, surely a quick sweep of our bath wouldn't have taken that long???
We used the spa twice..the pool was nice and the views calming, the spa whirl pool even though it clearly said no children under 14 on the first day had kids jumping in out of it the parents doing nothing to stop them so we weren't tempted to use it, the 2nd day we used it the water seemed cold...the Turkish steam room lovely and the sauna just right. HOWEVER...on the 2 occasions when we tried to book spa treatments the spa desk staff were not helpful. I had wanted to book a whole morning of treatments for my partner, full body massage, facial etc the young man on the desk was struggling and to be fair kept apologising but he couldn't access the system, he took my mobile and promised me a phone call in about an hour, I waited 4 and nothing, when I went down to find out what was happening there was no one there so in the end we went into ulverston and had the most amazing Thai massge for a 3rd of the price
The 3rd day I thought I would try and book a facial for us and the woman on the desk had the same problem as the young lad, in the end I told her to forget it and we went to the swan hotel down the road...
We will return to the lakes, however it is doubtful we return to this hotel as it could have been perfect, but it was just average

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear reviewer,
Many thanks for staying with us and for the constructive feedback offered herein.
We hope to welcome you back to the WW hotel in the future.
GRM

Reviewed July 11, 2017 via mobile

We had a lovely meal in Dolly Blue Bar during their early bird offer. There was a good selection of food including Sausage and mash and fish and chips, all with a wonderful view overlooking the river. Perfect setting for a lovely meal in the evening. Included in the price was a drink and the choice of two or thee courses, ranging from £15-£18. We were not staying at the hotel but the staff were really friendly and accommodating. Be sure to try the sticky toffee for dessert as it was lovely. Would definitely return if in the area again.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear reviewer,
Many thanks for sharing your positive feedback and comments using the TA forum. We are very pleased to read you enjoyed our Dolly Blue bar experience, and we hope to welcome you back. Your comments will be passed on to the whole team who really appreciate the extra praise.
Guest Relations at Whitewater Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2017

First the good bits!! This hotel is ideally placed in a truly picturesque position for the steam train to Lakeside, thereby giving direct access to Lake Windermere without having to find a place to park in Bowness & Ambleside which, in itself, is torture.
On first arriving at the hotel we were pleased with our choice. The room that we were allocated had a lovely view of the river and was large and airy with comfy beds and tea making facilities. Choice of dining whether restaurant or bar, we opted for the bar and totally enjoyed our meal with plenty of choice at acceptable prices.
The Spa (across the road) is also very good. The pool, jaccuzzi and steam room all very accessable with towels supplied.
Now the down side... Although the room was tidied and fresh fluffy towels provided my disappointment stems from the thorough cleaning of the bathroom, as there was a thick deposit of black grimy dust/fluff on the skirting boards and around the fitments, including cracked floor tiles. I was surprised in a hotel of this caliber (and price) and I am certainly no clean freak (and didn't mention this to hubby as this was a Birthday outing) but, as it was so bad, I did clean this off myself as it was so grubby!!
I mark the room in this hotel down purely on this point alone as we enjoyed our stay.
The cleaners at this hotel do need to realise that bathrooms, in particular, require extra attention too!
Otherwise, as I said, we enjoyed our stay and (if they clean up their act) I would recommend and also return to this hotel.

Room tip: We had room 102 and the view was stunning of the river.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackietours

Dear reviewer,

Many thanks for the positive words and the constructive feedback, your comments have been noted and passed on to the correct person. We agree that this is not acceptable and please accept our apologies.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel at some point in the future where will be delighted to offer you the best available rate if you call us direct.
Thanks and Regards,