We had chosen the Whitewater Hotel through a Groupon promotion. This included access to the Spa and a meal on the first evening. My wife is the Spa user and she felt it was good but one or two things were not working. One being the Swim Suit Spinner. The meal on the first evening was first class. Imaginative and well executed.
We stayed 2 nights. Breakfast on the first morning was typical buffet and good. The second morning was cooked to order. It was well executed but unexpected. We were told that they switched around but suspected that there must have been a lot of waste on the first morning. There did not appear to be many residents.
Whilst not outstanding we would go back. We felt it should be a 3* plus rather than 4*. The evening meal was 4*. The Spa itself 3*. The Spa exterior needed a bit of a facelift.
The Staff were attentive but tended to answer everything with 'No problem'; even to the point of responding to a minor quibble with the evening meal with 'No problem'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 Star Property With A One Rosette Fine Dining Restaurant And The Dolly Blue Bar And Grill Restaurant. Sitting On The Bank Of The River Leven, This Property Offers Stunning Views And The Perfect Base To Explore The Area. Close By Are The Lakes Aquarium, Haverthwaite Steam Railway, Lakeland Cruises, Beatrix Potter And The Lakeland Motor Museum Featuring The Donald Campbell Bluebird Museum. The Perfect Lakeland Venue! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitewater Hotel And Leisure Club
- Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club Newby Bridge, Lake District